Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling first-time mountainbikers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Sounds good, wouldn't mind getting involved in this.
    Do I need to be a member of the club for the run on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, I'd be well up for this, gonna buy a new back wheel and fix the bike up tomorrow (new project, been working on it for 4 days, making great progress!) then I'm ready to rock and roll for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

fuse wrote:
    Sounds good, wouldn't mind getting involved in this.
    Do I need to be a member of the club for the run on Sunday?

No, you don't need to be a member for your first few spins - we'll just need to take some contact details from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

grat turn out this morning ! about 12+ people ! neice easy spin in the PArk XC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

There's another beginners spin on Wednesday night at 7?

Id like to go if I can work out the bike, car, phoneix park, rush hour logsitics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Was planning on doing this, but I looked at my watch last night and realised it was 6:30 in the morning and I'd still loads of energy.. About an hour later I was crashed, hence the no show! I'm gonna try make it for Wednesday, but just curious, from those of you that went, is it hard going? or is it just pottering along some dirt track?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

Have you all got bike racks on your cars then? or how does that work?

Wez:
    It'll be very easy going, nothing too challenging. Hopefully a bit faster than pottering pace.

Extranjero:
    Some people have bike racks, others stick their bike in the boot and most just cycle to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

only saw these now, how are they going? would love to give it a shot, time is a pain in the butt at the moment, but ill see what i can do, whens the next one?

We're having beginners rides nearly every weekend at the moment. Keep an eye on the website for details:

http://www.madmtb.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My fitness is crap, what level of fitness is needed for these rideouts, I'd be really interested in joining you one of these days...

You should be well able for any of the spins described as "beginners" or "easy". You're unlikely to be last.

Advertisement