Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players Off The Dkit Football Team Assualted

• 05-01-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Just heard there that some scum broke into to there shared accomadation and seriously injured 5 or 6 of them. just wondering if anyone knows what happened thanks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

When was that? Jaysus I never heard anything about that... Where did you heard it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

i heard it off some lad i know, yea supposedly they we're tied up and there car was also robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭event

this is why the gaelic match was called off

heard this too, though im wondering how they managed to beat up and injure 5 gaelic footballers at teh same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

ok, I heard what happened, or atlest I think this is the one you're talking about.

Aparently the lads broke into the house and made a bit of noise. One of the tennants assumes it was some friends making a practical joke and went downstairs where he was assaulted with a hammer and a screwdriver. The thugs went around the house beating up the rest of the lads, and went into the girls room. She was too terrified to move, so thankfully she was unharmed, however they stole all their phones and media players, and left in the car and threatened to come back and finish the job if they contacted the police.

Once again I stress that this may not be the breakin you are talking about as this happened a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

No, i think thats the one, it was before christmas. Thats terrible scum bags. I'm not up there but i'd have played against them over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh heard this while i was still at college before xmas...

it happened in rockfield, the house must have been specifically targeted seemed to be a bit more than just a normal break in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hooray for Dundalk!!

... I really feel like moving outta the country sometimes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

pure scum. jaysus.

just shows when dundalk peeps(people) say ther can be no law around at times they mean it!!!, Dundalk can be a great place and it can be a **** place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

Eh cant blame a place/location/town such trouble, unfortunatley similar incidents happen all over the country on a regular basis. There were 6 students, 5 male, 1 female. One guy downstairs was tied up and pillow case put over his head, 3 guys upstairs each got a rap of a hammer, one guy was stabbed with a screwdriver..40 stiches in his head and ass i was told. Girl pretended to be asleep and was unharmed. Car, phones, ipods and stuff taken. Attack done by 5-7 guys with northern irish accents. Happened in college heights.........pure scum whoever did this!! :mad:

it was in Rockfield, not college heights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Were they local lads who done it, i.e. any distinctive accents?

I heard about this last week and was honestly disgusted.

from what I hear it was lads from the north

its always lads from the north :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It always is to be honest. Any problems I ever had in Dundalk has always been due to a run in with Northern lads.

what kind of problems did you have?

a lad from college heights had his car robbed by northerners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Hey, us Northerners aren't all that bad! It is rather funny you mentioned that though, as when we ever have problems, its always with people from the South, usually Dundalk! Oh the joys of borders...!

Advertisement