Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowboarding setup

Options
  • 05-01-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

i recently bought a board and boots for a trip on thr 23rd of jan, the problem is i dont know how to set up the bindings or wax the board, any1 got any tips or links that would help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Well you need to know if your a regular or goofy for a start. If you've ever surfed or skateboarded then you will already know. If ya dont know, you can easily enough find out.

The bindings are very easy to change yourself aswell so you can really try either. A "duck" stance is quite good, both feet angled out at about 10 degrees. Try it.

Re waxing, you can pay a small amount to get it done over there. I'd highly recommend getting the badboy waxed. It will have smoothe edges already as its new. Enjoy
    j0e wrote:
    i recently bought a board and boots for a trip on thr 23rd of jan, the problem is i dont know how to set up the bindings or wax the board, any1 got any tips or links that would help me out?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

would disagree with the duck stance above, it depends what you are looking to do, a bit of everything. fast down the mtn, with a bit of carving or messing around a park doing jumps and tricks.

i'd say back foot pretty straight and front foot fwd 10 degrees would be a nice medium. if you are only into going fast downhill, turn the back foot fwd too and the front one more fwd. if you are more into tricks and stuff go for duck above..

however as party boy says, you can adjust easily when you get there anyway. also wouldn't bother getting board waxed, they normally come waxed from factory. you can get it done in resort cheaply anyway if it doesn't feel good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Yeh its pretty much everyone to their own really... using the duck stance, I found the turning, spins a bit easier, but a bit awkward at first. It's worth trying a few different stances to see what suits you best.

Keep the board nice and waxed tho :D

daveym wrote:
    would disagree with the duck stance above, it depends what you are looking to do, a bit of everything. fast down the mtn, with a bit of carving or messing around a park doing jumps and tricks.

i'd say back foot pretty straight and front foot fwd 10 degrees would be a nice medium. if you are only into going fast downhill, turn the back foot fwd too and the front one more fwd. if you are more into tricks and stuff go for duck above..

however as party boy says, you can adjust easily when you get there anyway. also wouldn't bother getting board waxed, they normally come waxed from factory. you can get it done in resort cheaply anyway if it doesn't feel good....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd recommend using duck stance until you know whether you prefer regular or goofy, then change the angles to suit that.

Once you have more experience, you'll know what angles are best for you, depending on circumstances (I use +12 and -12 for freestyle, +30 and +5 for freeride)

Advertisement