Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you planning on doing next year?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity...college? If so then where?

Apprenticeship? Work? Year out?

I'm hoping to go to Limerick IT and do Applied Social Care for 4 years, then maybe go on and do an MA in UL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Computer Science in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Arts in UCD. Maybe do one semester in god knows where aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I would love to do speech and language therapy in belfast! or if not arts in UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Computer Science, Linguistics and French in Trinity

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Primary Teaching with Psychology in Mary I. If not that, then the regular B.Ed. in the same college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

Computer science in ucc for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Multimedia in CIT hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

An Fhile wrote:
    Primary Teaching with Psychology in Mary I. If not that, then the regular B.Ed. in the same college.

I'm going for B. Ed in Mary I too! The Psychology one sounds tougher and you have loads of extra work when you just end up being a teacher on the same salary anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Computer Science with Economics in UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

art.
    hardly would've guessed though by me name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Steve01 wrote:

Cool. Great choice there. One of my friends is doing that course, lots of work, but loves it. Iv looked through some of his stuff, and it does actually sound and look deadly.

I'm going for B. Ed in Mary I too! The Psychology one sounds tougher and you have loads of extra work when you just end up being a teacher on the same salary anyway!

I know a few people doing a B.Ed. in Mary I. Psychology there....they all HATE it. It doesnt sound good from what they say. Come to think of it, from what they say, they hate the place. I dont know, I wouldnt mind personally. I was thinking of going there, kinda want to do Primary Teaching aswell. Thats all I know about it really though

Mushy wrote:
    Cool. Great choice there. One of my friends is doing that course, lots of work, but loves it. Iv looked through some of his stuff, and it does actually sound and look deadly.

I know a few people doing a B.Ed. in Mary I. Psychology there....they all HATE it. It doesnt sound good from what they say. Come to think of it, from what they say, they hate the place. I dont know, I wouldnt mind personally. I was thinking of going there, kinda want to do Primary Teaching aswell. Thats all I know about it really though

Wow thanks for the vote of confidence. I only came across the course last month. I was considering a lot of other courses before hand (Computer science, Computer games development, Digital Media Design) which looked grand but none of them jumped out at me. Multimedia did and its gonna be first choice on the CAO form.

And also I know a lot of people doing a B Ed. in Mary I and they all hate it too. Mary Dry they call it:( .... definitely something to bare in mind if anyone's considering going there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Architecture in DIT. If I don't get it, heading over to London to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Wow that's a long way! Hope things work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

BESS in TCD points providing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Computer Science in Trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

medicine in TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Science in Trinity

If i study that is, cause for some reason i can't study:eek:

Might have to burn my pc or something:(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Steve01 wrote:
    Wow thanks for the vote of confidence. I only came across the course last month. I was considering a lot of other courses before hand (Computer science, Computer games development, Digital Media Design) which looked grand but none of them jumped out at me. Multimedia did and its gonna be first choice on the CAO form.

And also I know a lot of people doing a B Ed. in Mary I and they all hate it too. Mary Dry they call it:( .... definitely something to bare in mind if anyone's considering going there

Mary I has the highest suicide rate of all unis in Ireland too!!

Mary I has the highest suicide rate of all unis in Ireland too!!

And thats including the National Emo Goth University (NEGU) in Longford, which is really saying something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nothing personal people, but I'd much prefer if suicide was NOT brought into this. There's nothing funny about it, and you can't really blame the college either. Apologies for going a bit off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Steve01 wrote:

Hey Thinking of doing the same course in dublin.. do you know what kind of job you can get out of this??? thats the only thing i'm worried about .. sounds brill !!!:D:D

Would it be better doing computer science or computer app???

any thought

Hey Thinking of doing the same course in dublin.. do you know what kind of job you can get out of this??? thats the only thing i'm worried about .. sounds brill !!!

I wanna do the course because it combines technical knowledge with creativity, so I think its something that would suit me well. As far as career options go something in the line of multimedia designing would be pretty good, but I'd be happy with anything in the IT sector so long as the pay is good.
    Would it be better doing computer science or computer app???

any thought

This all depends on where your interests lie. If your more interested in the computer programming and software development side of things then maybe computer science is the better option. Or if you wanna focus on your on creativity then give multimedia a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

An Fhile wrote:
    and you can't really blame the college either.

There's many, many people who'd disagree with you there. And I'd be one of them. Sure, it can't be completely their fault, but they're certainly not completely innocent. I don't think the huge difference in suicide rates between certain colleges could be purely due to student body or location.

But that's neither here nor there. Back to topic!

Me, I'm going for Undenominated Science in NUIG. I had planned on doing photography in DIT and am still gonna send in a portfolio for the craic, but after tons of thinking and research (anyone can read me blog if they're interested), I decided I'm gonna stay in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Environmental Science and Health in DCU.
    Pretty nervous about leaving Limerick and my friends but i suppose it will be worth it in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

obl wrote:
    Computer Science, Linguistics and French in Trinity

Oh lordy, I accidentally ended up in one of those information lectures about this at the Trinity open day. It sounded like something I would run miles away from, but each to their own and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^What didn't you like the Computer Science, the Lignuistics or both?

I personally found the Computer Science Lecture at the TCD open day amazing and it helped me cast aside any doubts I had abut the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

A business course. Aiming for Commerce UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

JC 2K3 wrote:
    ^What didn't you like the Computer Science, the Lignuistics or both?

I personally found the Computer Science Lecture at the TCD open day amazing and it helped me cast aside any doubts I had abut the course.

Oh neither, I wasnt considering the course, I was waiting for the one after it so I sat in and it sounded very difficult. If that's your thing then good for you, but it's definitely not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

Hey,

Quick question. I'm 24 working for a year, have a degree and a masters in bus/marketing. If i was to to my LC Honours Irish in June - and just start studying myself now what are the chances of getting a C3 in Honours Irish? I did pass in 2000 and got an A2. What do ye reckon? I'll prob just wait until next year and start it by night in Sept. Hoping to to do Primary teaching!:)

Advertisement