Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you planning on doing next year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

It's a whole new course but if you didn't have anything else to do (ie work or college) it is managable. Actually it's a pity you're not in Cork at the moment, in Deance College there's a class ESPECIALLY for those wanting to get the C in Irish for Primary Teaching. I'm doing Irish again repeating and it takes up more time than anything, it's tough!!! I already got the requirement, I just need points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Rebel_City wrote:
    Hey,

Quick question. I'm 24 working for a year, have a degree and a masters in bus/marketing. If i was to to my LC Honours Irish in June - and just start studying myself now what are the chances of getting a C3 in Honours Irish? I did pass in 2000 and got an A2. What do ye reckon? I'll prob just wait until next year and start it by night in Sept. Hoping to to do Primary teaching!:)
    If you're not studying anything else then I'd say that's well manageable, as long as your standard of Irish isn't absolutely hopeless(With an A2 in pass I'd say you have at least cúpla focal).

If you can, spend some time in the Gaeltacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭deise gal

well i'm hoping to do accounting in the wit !! rock on sept!! i'm sick of studyin already any 1 else intersted in accounting or business??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ~flammable~

Medicine in TCD or UCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

^ Wow!! Good luck with the points.

History and Ancient History and Archaeology under the TSM in Trinity, and if I don't get the points, Irish Studies in Trinity. Then Arts in NUIM as a last resort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

either medicine it tcd or pharmacy in tcd or the royal college of surgeons eventually..in ony in ty at the moment but i know what i wanna do...

out of the 3 though id prefer pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

any 1 else intersted in accounting or business??

Yeah, I am. I put down Econims and Finance first on my Cao on the off chance that I might get the points. I always wanted to do Economics if I was doing Arts anyway, and I like Accounting, so Im sure it wouldnt be the worst thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Maths in TCD ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Mary I has the highest suicide rate of all unis in Ireland too!!
    Ye better keep an eye on me folks!!:D (2nd yr B.Ed here if ye got any questions:))

Rebel_City..best of luck with the honours Irish whenever you do it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've changed my mind yet again and have finally decided that I want to do the HPSS in UL....sooo many career opportunities and interesting subjects... ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

I was planning on Social Care in WIT but i didnt know much about it, im hoping for a career in the Gardai, well see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Journalism in DCU. Points are about as high as I'm likely to get though, so I'm not sure if I'll get there. Please god I will though, it kicked ass when i was there for the open day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

Changed my mind too! Looking at bess in trinity majoring with economics, should get the points and it looks fairly interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Law and european studies in UL. Wanted to get out of limerick and do law in galway or cork but it costs so much for accomodation. oh well, ul shud be a laf anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

physics & astrophysics @ UCC.absolutely NO idea what career ill want,tho!!! at least with this course ive loadsa options.
    outta curiosity,hav ye all filld out your CAO's by now???did mine last monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

JC 2K3 wrote:
    ^What didn't you like the Computer Science, the Lignuistics or both?

I personally found the Computer Science Lecture at the TCD open day amazing and it helped me cast aside any doubts I had abut the course.

Exact same for me actually. Although the doubts are creeping back in :eek: It's down as my first choice on my CAO. CS in UCD is second. CS in DIT is in there too and at the bottom CA in DCU

blondie07 wrote:
    Law and european studies in UL. Wanted to get out of limerick and do law in galway or cork but it costs so much for accomodation. oh well, ul shud be a laf anyway!

/pounces. LIKE OMG ! Let's be FRIENDS.

;_; I only know boys in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Multimedia in CIT.

Need to buckle up a bit though...the whole study think is not working out for me at all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Law in UCC preferably... If not Griffith College Cork, or maybe UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Lia_lia wrote:
    Multimedia in CIT.

Need to buckle up a bit though...the whole study think is not working out for me at all

Class, me too! Last time I checked its 400 points which shouldn't be too hard to acheive so long as you put some amount of work into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Heading for engineering omnibus. Need 2 break 500 points and im ****ting myself!

nick23 wrote:
    Need 2 break 500 points and im ****ting myself!

You ain't the only one brother... 485 over here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Hopefully IT in NUIG. Just need an A2 in pass maths ...

Heh, just took out UL and put in Trinity...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Steve01 wrote:
    Wow thanks for the vote of confidence. I only came across the course last month. I was considering a lot of other courses before hand (Computer science, Computer games development, Digital Media Design) which looked grand but none of them jumped out at me. Multimedia did and its gonna be first choice on the CAO form.

And also I know a lot of people doing a B Ed. in Mary I and they all hate it too. Mary Dry they call it:( .... definitely something to bare in mind if anyone's considering going there

That's very Cool.

I'm looking at the very same area as what you were interested in. I've considered Games DEV, digital Media Design etc. but my no.1 choice on my CAO is creative Multimedia in Dundalk. Then Games DEV in Letterkenny and then Games DEV in Dundalk and then Graphic design in Letterkenny.

How mad is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Law and accounting in UL, prob not gonna get, i've got potential to do well but my innate laziness somewhat detracts from it. Stuck down business in UL second, it'll be disaster if i don't get either of them...... off to FAS to do hairdressing or jam making or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

whats the chances of getting 390 out of 480, like i know its a bit of a stupid question but i think it would be a good achievment, i only need 350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

environmental and earth systems science in ucc anyone? dont know what ill be but what the heck its interesting!!!

whats the chances of getting 390 out of 480, like i know its a bit of a stupid question but i think it would be a good achievment, i only need 350

a lot easier than getting 580 out of 600

Medicine people...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

music in DIT or science in UCD!

Advertisement