Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick driving test question

Options
  • 05-01-2007 5:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

having my first driving test coming up on the 18th :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :D

quick question though , i'm after cracking the mirror casing off from the gar , the brackets are fine and with a tiny bit of duct tape the mirror is 100% secure with zero risk of falling off

will the testers still go ahead with the test with the mirror like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Hard to say! Do you know any driving instructors?
    They might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

As long as it's secure you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, I'd get it fixed just in case, you've no doubt had to wait ages to get to the test, not worth the risk.
    Micksgarage.ie might stock what you need- knocked the wing mirrors off my first car twice and got replacements next day from Mickgarage.ie :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks guys , prob is a twofold one unfortunately , first the mirror will cost €360 to get replaced and secondly wont be able to get the mirror until after the 18th which is my test date :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have you tried a scrapyard?

What are you driving? I got a pair of mirrors for €250 for my yoke.

Finally, try ebay.

• Advertisement

have tried most of the usual scrapyards, its a 2000 alfa 146

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

if its just the casing its no problem at all as long as the mirror itself is secure.

Hardly a sign of good driving though :p

have a look at the pic to see what i mean , the bracket on the inside of the actual mirror casing snapped but as you can see from the pic both the mirror casing and platfom it sits on is perfectly intact and with the tiniest bit of tape it is 100% secure

was a schoolboy error with an incline , handbrake and not putting car in gear when parked when i first got the car that caused it about a year ago :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Humm not so sure so but tbh i doubt it will be cause for a fail. Just if mentioned say the part is on order (maybe even get a letter from your dealer to that fact just incase [if you are getting it fixed that is]). The casing on my mirror was held on by black electrical tape during my exam, not that it helped me pass though :(. 9 freeking level 2s or whatever they are called (as you know 9+ is a fail) and one was progress and car popping out of reverse as she does when cold poor old thing. 0 mirrors and 0 observation :mad: Thats what i get for doing it in Orwell i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cmahon

It all depends on the tester, some of them are really easy going. I did my test in November and the guy that marked me didn't open the clipboard til we were half way through! From what I hear though some of them are complete hard-asses, if it's noticable in any way get it fixed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement