Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed please

Options
  • 05-01-2007 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Netopia 3347nwg router with eircom at the moment,The router is starting to give me trouble.not connecting etc!.rang eircom -they said its not a problem with the line.
    so my question is can someone recommend me a new router that will work with eircom.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kc.asp?bn=10273
    i just want sonething that will do the same job as the netopia one.

any help very welcome;)

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm not 100% on this with eircom, but your router is your modem. You dont own the modem, eircom do. And if you are still paying eircom, it is their duty to either replace the modem or fix the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

krazy_8s wrote:
    I'm not 100% on this with eircom, but your router is your modem. You dont own the modem, eircom do. And if you are still paying eircom, it is their duty to either replace the modem or fix the line.

I don't think this is correct. Eircom give you a free modem / router but this is stated in their offers. Therefore you would ordinarily be buying the equipment so if you buy it, you would own it.

If the equipment is less than a year old, then I would expect Eircom to replace it under warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Thank You for replys -no the modem(router) is 1 year & 7 months old:( ,so i guess it's down to me to replace it.i paid €40 at the start with 1 year contract.

can onyone recommend a good modem(router) from komplett please.;)

1 more question - those anyone here leave the modem on ALL the timw,even when not in use?.i turn mine off when im finished even though is called 'always on broadband'??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dont suppose you upgraded your speed recently? Have you checked your line stats? An iffy line can cause drop outs - if you line is a bit iffy netgear models have a good reputation for keeping connection where other brands might not.

dub45 wrote:
    Dont suppose you upgraded your speed recently? Have you checked your line stats? An iffy line can cause drop outs - if you line is a bit iffy netgear models have a good reputation for keeping connection where other brands might not.

Hi & thanks for reply,:)
    no i have not upgraded,i have had no problems at all in the last year & half,just last night & today im getting problems.

i want to buy a new router(modem) but hav'nt a clue which to buy.i just want to plug & play(wireless not important)

Please Help:confused:

Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mondeoman wrote:
    Hi & thanks for reply,:)
    no i have not upgraded,i have had no problems at all in the last year & half,just last night & today im getting problems.

i want to buy a new router(modem) but hav'nt a clue which to buy.i just want to plug & play(wireless not important)

Please Help:confused:

Neil.

One suggestion to get you started:

http://netgear.co.uk/wired_broadband_router_dg834.php

If you are only experiencing problems in the last 24 hours I would wait a bit before splashing out on a new piece of equipment. Might sort itself out:)

Thank you m8,
    will look into it.cheers

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Can you access your routers config page? 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.

MarkR wrote:
    Can you access your routers config page? 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.

yeah i could today alright.DSL was available but Eircom broadband was 'disconnected' & would not connect at all:(

Advertisement