Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing a Course In Marketing

• 05-01-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hey i'm in leaving cert and wonderin
    1. whats the best course to do
    2. doing marketing as a job??? what does it entail
    3. an average salary?
    4. Would commerce be a good way of getting into marketing ??
    5.Is there much work i ireland for someone with a marketing degree

I would really appreciate all the feedback because i have the cao form to fill 1st of feb ....Cheer!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 jancav

In my experience, marketing has not been a very well recognised degree in Ireland, unless you have something else with it, e.g. engineering. Most people get into marketing without a qualification in marketing per se, they are engineers and work their way into product marketing, or salespeople, and get in that way. However, there may be more opportunities these days - eg in ad and pr agencies, or in junior marketing jobs in companies. In UK and US there are loads of opportunities for marketeers, as they are appreciated as real professionals. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im currently doing marketing in DIT in Aungier St.

Im in 3rd year, and while the first two years were pretty much your basic 'cover all aspects of business', we are now starting to get into the real marketing.

Its a good course, and if you are interested in marketing, might be the way to go. With regards to jobs and opportunities, it is probably the best (as far as i know) post leaving cert marketing course in the country, so that anyone hiring a marketeer will probably consider you over someone who did a general business degree (i hope :P)

However, as im not in the work force, i cant really conclusively say much about what may happen after you finish studying marketing, only that you will probably enjoy yourself while you do the course.

Advertisement