Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe smoking

Options
  • 05-01-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone else like the smell of pipe smoke? I walked past a chappy on Grafton Street today who was smoking a pipe and it was a very pleasant smell! What is the name of the tobacco they use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

Lovely smell. Slightly sweet.
    You hardly every see pipe smokers anymore. Dying race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There are all sorts of tobaccos that they use. Saying it smells nicer is probably not the right way of putting it. It doesn't smell as bad as cigarette smoke, but it is still smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I do enjoy an occasional whiff outside, not indoors though.

Borkum Riff
    is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The smell is very nice alright, couldn't imagine myself smoking a pipe though.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i find it quite nauseating as i find cigarette smoke in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I never smoked, but for some reason I always enjoyed the smell of a pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah yes the grand old tradition of Pipe Smoking.

There was a time when a pipe-smoking man was looked upon with awe and wonder. Schoolteachers, especially, would suck on their pipe whilst pondering students questions. He would know the answer to the question instantly but for effect, would blow smoke out slowly before giving the student the answer he craved. The student would count himself lucky to be in the same room as this intellectual heavyweight

Nowadays any attempt of sucking on a pipe would almost certainly land the Schoolteacher with a 2 week suspension after complaints from Little Johnny's mother regarding his ****ty lungs. Nowadays suck. The Pipe is Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, throw it back to me if ye want to mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Red Alert wrote:
    i find it quite nauseating as i find cigarette smoke in general.
    Urrghhh, a smug non-smoker... thanks for that Ruu :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There was an old man sitting outside work the other day smoking a pipe and the smell just permeated throughout the entire place. It was horrible, really overpowering.

Advertisement