Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you hate about driving?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

When you are driving on a road thats wide enough to fit 3 cars easily and the driver in front of you won't pull in slighty so it's easier/safer for you to overtake.

When drivers wait until they come around the corner before dimming their headlights.

People who seem to think its alright to drive with full headlights on because one of their lights is out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

sometimes its like groundhog day in here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

scargill wrote:
    sometimes its like groundhog day in here

blah blah blah

Go make a thread thats never been made before on the internet.....then come back

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

probably going to get slated for this but oh well,

Speed Limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

them wan*&$£ who dont pull in when they doddle along doing 40km/h on a road 3 lanes wide are fools and should be off the road, and they stick on their full lights when you pass em out.........pah! what clowns.

* thats better.........!:D

that road carnage is on the news now, alot of carnage is due to
    very poor roads, boy racers speeding and clueless drivers.... dont slate me on boy racers, as its not a myth folks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

APM wrote:
    probably going to get slated for this but oh well,

Speed Limits
    Also traffic lights. And other road users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

how about the ridiculously high speed limits on many country roads....

when compared to the ridiculously low ones in some built up areas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Other drivers. All of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

get off the feckin' road!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

People who force there way through a bottleneck on your side of the road when you have right of way.

Yellow junction blockers.

The list is endless!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Older "gentlemen" with severe road rage. Yes, I get angry too sometimes but I don't intentionally blind ppl with my high beam or press the horn for 90 seconds flat.

Farmers parked dangerously on a country road while having a chat with the neighbour.

People that pull out so far into the road that you must stop to let them out or swerve into oncoming lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

blah blah blah

Go make a thread thats never been made before on the internet.....then come back
    Fitting username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

1. People driving way under the speed limit in good conditions on twisty back roads.
    2. Fast lane hoggers
    3. Tail gaters
    4. Fog light users when not foggy
    5. People slow off the line at the green

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not knowing how to properly use the lanes and people sitting in the overtaking lane oblivious to anything behind.
    Tailgating
    Not indicating
    Incorrect positioning and indicating on roundabouts.
    Not accellerating fast enough off from the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

.........Saw a guy yesterday about 2.5 feet behind an articulated truck doing about 70 MPH - there was an empty overtaking lane to his right but he was happier sitting in the mucky spray from the truck drivers wheels and constantly braking/accelerating to maintain his desired "2.5 feet from a wheelchair" distance to his target/foe.......

Well to conclude - I was passing them both I took a quick glance out of morbid curiousity to see what class of a fool this guy really was - he had his head tilted down checking something on his phone :eek:

Sweet f*cking Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Having my view ahead blocked by nervous types in SUVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

When i am going the speed limit and i have a trail of cars behind me trying to overtake me on a windy country road, then they think i shouldnt be on the road!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anan1 wrote:
    Having my view ahead blocked by nervous types in SUVs.
    Yep... who have the back window obscured with duvet's (by the look of it) and as a result just pull out in front of you (without indicating), then proceed to do 80 in a 100 zone whilst hitting the brakes for no reason every 30 seconds. :mad:
    Thank god for that ambulance that made this muppet pull in so I could get past him after it'd gone.

Also trucks/tractors doing the same 60/80 in 100 zones that won't move in to let you pass

Tailgaters

Inappropriate Fog light usage, or driving with main beams on cause they're too cheap to fix that blown bulb

Gardai intefering with junctions that normally work just fine without their "help" which in fact only makes it worse.

Gardai making dangerous manouevers on the roads just so they can get back to the station from the chipper/in time for shift change - see it all the time around Blanch.

People not using indicators - especially on roundabouts

etc etc etc.... :rolleyes:

I feel better now tho! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

1. People that can't use roundabouts - why is it so many idiots feel they can use the left lane to take the 3rd exit :confused: I've seen so many near misses and a few accidents from this!

2. not indictaing

3. Sitting up your rear bumper when stopped at traffic lights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

People that drive at 55, because they're too stupid to understand or make an effort to keep up with current laws and rules of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I think the gov need to add a common sense section to the Driving Test, anyone agree?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dahamsta wrote:
    People that drive at 55, because they're too stupid to understand or make an effort to keep up with current laws and rules of the road.
    Whilst I know and to an extent agree with what you are saying, a speed limit is a limit and not a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

People being ignorant or being assholes. Or both. Pretty much covers it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Andrewf20 wrote:
    1. People driving way under the speed limit in good conditions on twisty back roads.
    2. Fast lane hoggers
    3. Tail gaters
    4. Fog light users when not foggy
    5. People slow off the line at the green
    yep, I agree with these and idiots who don't use their indicators (or use them incorrectly).

no. 4 above is very annoying too....:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

1. Tailgaters (they should all burn in the eternal fires of hell)
    2. Idiots who don't use their indicators on roundabouts
    3. Learner drivers doing driving lessons (yes, I know we were all one at one time, but for Christ sake, there is no need to take about 2 years to get from 0 to 40mph).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

And my list on the previous page is in the order of annoyance factor. The really slow drivers on backroads in good conditions is my biggest pet hate. It can take an absolute lifetime to safely overtake due to the amount of twists on backroads etc...

Max_Damage wrote:
    1. Tailgaters (they should all burn in the eternal fires of hell)
    2. Idiots who don't use their indicators on roundabouts
    3. Learner drivers doing driving lessons (yes, I know we were all one at one time, but for Christ sake, there is no need to take about 2 years to get from 0 to 40mph).
    a touch of the brakes will usually get rid of the tailgaters...;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

el diablo wrote:
    a touch of the brakes will usually get rid of the tailgaters...;)
    I used to condone this but now realise that whilst it usually works, it could in theory cause dickhead behind to do something (else) stupid like swerving into oncoming traffic.
    Squirting the windscreen washers often does the trick instead.

kbannon wrote:
    I used to condone this but now realise that whilst it usually works, it could in theory cause dickhead behind to do something (else) stupid like swerving into oncoming traffic.
    I'll give that a try so...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

people constantly changing their speed from 110kph to 130kph, why cant you ****ing cruise at 120?!!!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:

Someone in the UK once filled his rear washer with oil and aimed it backwards, soon got rid of tailgaters. ;)

He was fined a large sum and got two points..:eek:

edit

found this http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Anti-tailgating_20device

Advertisement