Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you hate about driving?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i hate people that over take then go at the same speed as you

This reminds me of that film with bill murray in it.

I think hes a tv reporter or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭lau1247

E@gle. wrote:
    i hate people that over take then go at the same speed as you

you're probably driving at speed limit.. he's probably going slightly faster than you by 2-3kph maybe.. when he comes up behind you obviously he's gonna overtake therefore you're both travelling at speed limit.. give or take since we're all human.. at any one time you could be faster by a little and so can the other person.. wind could affect it etc etc.. in this case when the other person overtook you.. he's just obeying the law.. by going the same speed as you

Having said that, if you're not at speed limit, then he's just another idiot..

One thing I hate about driving is the amount of POTHOLES around.. Damn govenment getting us to pay road tax.. where the hell did all the money go?? Stop errecting stupid sign like "get the point, not the points".. we see that on tv already anyway and actually use it to fix the damn road so we all can have a smoother ride.. The amount of time I've to swerve to avoid those for everyday journey is unreal.. I think a lot of people would agree with it..

Also being mentioned once before on the first page, dim the bloody headlight when you spotted a slight faint of light that a car will be coming.. you know you have to do it anyway.. it save us from flashing you to dim it.. idiots!!

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What do I hate about Irish motorists.........

Retards who don't indicate on roundabouts where appropriate
    or indicate at all... it really slows down the traffic flow and adds
    to the nightmare that is Irish traffic.

Retards who enter in the left lane at dual-lane roundabouts
    and proceed to drive all the way round in the left lane and
    exit at 3rd exit (3 o'clock exit). Left lane is for first two
    exits in so far as I understand the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The flat cap brigade. :D

We have all seen them. Usually an elderly gent with a flat cap on his bonce, with his wife nattering away beside him, pottering around at 40 - 50 kph with two miles of traffic behind them. They don't seem to know what the rear view mirror is for.

Also, tractors on our main roads. While I accept that they have to use these roads, they could at least pull over occassionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

what i hate is when your driving at the limit at night, and someone going faster comes up behind you and doesnt dip there headlights. That drives me nuts, esp if the have there front fog lights on too, even when its good visability.

Also got stuck behind a guy on the M1 a few days ago, who was driving at about 85mph and was towing a trailer that was bouncing all about the place causing his car to weave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What I hate are people who think they're gods gift to motoring and everyone should get out of their way because they're:

a) Not gods gift to motoring (according to said 'tard)
    b) Not going fast enough (according to said 'tard)
    c) Not going fast enough on twisty roads because they can't see around corners (according to said 'tard)
    d) Learner Drivers (according to said 'tard)
    e) Don't have as cool a car and should therefore yield (according to said 'tard)
    f) Don't know how to use roundabouts and/or never bother to signal
    g) Tailgating c*ckbites.
    h) Are general f*cktards.

I think that about covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Right now, the thing I most hate about driving is the Nangor Road, or more specifically alot of the drivers who use it.

The complete lack of respect for our most basic driving laws, and for other road users is unbelievable.
    I have had to take an alternative, (longer), route, because my fuse has burnt out and I don't want to be drawn into doing something road ragey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Construction Vehicles.

They are slow, constantly attempt to overtake a slightly slower vehicle 3mph faster on the M50. If your stuck behind them you can't see ahead and you car get's covered in mud.

Mind you i'm probably biased as my area has been a mudhole for the last 10 years with all the deveopement in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

• Tailgaters on the M50 (worst spot i know for it)
    • then you have the ppl who think that your braking distance is enough space to pull into
    • lack of indicators is probably what drives me mad the most. Especially on roundabouts
    • people racing to get out onto a roundabout as you come around the bend.. thinking they can just make it..
    • how no matter how carefully i park anywhere I still seem to get dckhds who ignore your car and dent the fck out of it. :( (love my 306 it was mint when i bought it)
    • idiots who cannot part inside the lines / in a straight line.. or who park so far from the other car by the time they're all done you could have fit a car into the extra unused space.

phew..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

md99 wrote:
    how about the ridiculously high speed limits on many country roads....
    when compared to the ridiculously low ones in some built up areas

Yes but is it that they're ridiculously high or that dual carriageways and Motorways have ridiculously low ones....they've come down 20 km/h and still no difference to stats

I should realllllly be studying right now but what the heck I'll rant.........

What I want to see change about this country is the way that the status quo is quite often based on either the UK or US model......speed limits--UK.....universities--US......Laws that haven't been updated since we were part of the British Empire blah blah....

We do some things very well....Drink, Economy, Employment, Education.....But ffs why not base the motoring(not transport) Status quo on the f~*ing German model

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

prospect wrote:
    Right now, the thing I most hate about driving is the Nangor Road, or more specifically alot of the drivers who use it.

The complete lack of respect for our most basic driving laws, and for other road users is unbelievable.
    I have had to take an alternative, (longer), route, because my fuse has burnt out and I don't want to be drawn into doing something road ragey.

but why specifically Nangor Road. I drive it regularly and I know it's bad, but probably no worse than anywhere else...:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was looking at the transport21 website and saw the (very large) pic used on the M50 page for the proposed N4 junction.
    Can someone tell me why the designers would deliberatley 'draw' most of the vehicles driving in the wrong lane?
    Do the designers know nothing about driving rules or were they just reflecting the sad state of Irish driving?

Advertisement