Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Control Denied album for 2007?

• 05-01-2007 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Beth Schuldiner, sister of late DEATH/CONTROL DENIED mastermind Chuck Schuldiner, has issued a response to statements and accusations made by Guido Heijnens, owner of the now-defunct Dutch record label Hammerheart Records (which was "resurrected" for a short while under the Karmageddon Media banner) regarding the fate of the unreleased second CONTROL DENIED album and Hammerheart/Karmageddon Media's reasons for releasing Chuck's demo recordings and unfinished studio sessions without the permission or consent of the Schuldiner family.

Continued here.

It's a sad, sad situation, and I really hope they do get the album released this time. All this legal horse**** is such a shame.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It would be nice but i'm not sure it would be right to hear something chuck didnt sign off on, seeing how he was such a perfectionist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PlatonicDisease

Knowing whatever much I do about the late great Chuck Schuldiner's ways of working with his bands and musical projects, I seriously doubt that Chuck would have tolerated an 'unauthorised' release of any of his creative output. And let's not forget that Control Denied was officially Chuck's 'solo' band with him in charge of production and release issues. Indeed, I'd argue that Death too, was in true essence, Chuck's solo band with an ever-changing crew of all-star players. There had been controversies before surrounding Chuck's compilation of tons of unreleased material that he later incorporated into his Control Denied project. As Chuck's devoted fan, I'd sure love to listen to anything he's ever written and recorded, but on the other hand, I'd probably feel a bit queasy and guilty about laying my hands on stuff that I'm not sure Chuck would readily have approved of for commercial release and fan consumption. Since he's no longer with us, we'd never really know. So leave well enough alone, I guess.

BTW, have you guys heard what I believe to be the sole Control Denied release so far??---it's called 'Fragile Art of Existence'...It isn't Death-like musically, it's more melodic and sort of power-metallish. But it's still plenty good owing to Chuck's undying genius, and it's definitely worth a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I don't think it's a bad release, but it's not great. Definitly a lot of chuck influence but the vocals of Tim Aymar really ruin the album for me :(

Advertisement