Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Z Racing

Options
  • 05-01-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Details of Mini Z Racing complete with large Mini Z Race track and fully operational timing system.

Every Wednesday starting 17th Jan '07
    Time : 7.30pm - 10.30pm

General Car Specifications
    - Kyosho Mini Z MR 02 Spec MM or RM
    - Foam or Rubber Tyres
    - Motor is open up to the value of €20
    - Batteries AAA up to 1000a

Some useful websites to purchase cars and accessories
    - www.Ebay.com
    - www.rcmart.com
    - www.atomicmods.com
    - www.rc-mushroom.com
    - www.ishiimokei.com

Transponders can be bought track side at €40.
    Fee of €5 per driver.

Details of '07 championship to be announced shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mr Ben

Are the transponders mini-z for the infra red bridge? We race every tuesday night in galway but i may be able to get over to you one wednesday when working in Swords if thats ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Mr Ben wrote:
    Are the transponders mini-z for the infra red bridge?

What timing system are ye using ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MZAI

Mr Ben
    Yes the transponders are for the Infra Red Bridge. That would be great if you can make it. The more people we get the better. SHould make for a better championship.

vectra
    The system that we use is 'Kyosho LapZ' timing system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

can we race xmods? Mini Z's are too pricey for me ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

...or mini-t's? Finally got me hands on one!

• Advertisement

Lapz that's what i meant just couldn't remember the name,
    How long should it take to drive from Swords to Foxrock might make your 1st night but depends on what time i can leave work

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

MZAI wrote:
    The system that we use is 'Kyosho LapZ' timing system

Are you sure it is not the "Laps Free" system?

Sounds similar to the one we use.
    Did you buy it from a guy in the UK?
    Manchester I think it was. ;)

Mr Ben
    Swords to Foxrock. I think you can just take the M50 down as far as Leapardstown Exit or maybe the next exit. According to route planner it takes 30 mins - minus the traffic!!

vectra
    Its the Kyosho Lapz Timing system. The website is http://www.lapz.com

Flunked Plug
    Sorry just Kyosho Mini Z Mr02 spec at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i live in foxrock and i am considering getting into this. i had a look at the links you provided but its all very confusing. i'm new to this, could someone tell me exactly what it is i need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Mini-z's are sold as RTR kits, but can be upgraded. The Atomic Mods motor is one of the better one you can get. You'll need 4xAAA for the car, and 8xAA for the transmitter. The tranmitter is 27MHz AM, so if you have one of there allready, then you can use that.

MZAI, are hopups like bearings and ball diffs allowed?

are the shells inter-changable? i like the nascar ones...
    it there anywhere in Ireland to buy these?

2 Espressi
    Yes Ball Diffs and bearings are allowed. The motor is open up to the value of €20 but note that the electronics on the car are to be left as standard which rules out some of the high performance motors. Other plastic bits can be upgraded and also shocks. It really isnt necessary to upgrade much just the correct motor, Ball Diff and Bearings I think should get you on the pace!

nikimere
    There are 2 configurations that you can run on your Mini Z. RM (Rear Mounted Motor) MM (Mid Mounted Motor) Each configuration requires a certain type of bodyshell, so just look out for this when you purchase. From my experience the MM Config with McClaren bodyshell are the best handling.
    Kits / Bodyshells can be ordered trackside or you can purchase from the web addresses I posted earlier.

Sure come down and Wednesday and have a look round and see what other people are running.

MZAI
    I have kyosho brand X-Speed motor with standard electronics,i know you said €20 but this was purchased in shop in Ireland for €28 instead of the web which probably have cheaper deals, can this be used?

Also how about a weekend of all the mini-z clubs later in the year maybe in a hotel central to any clubs involved?

MZAI wrote:
    nikimere
    There are 2 configurations that you can run on your Mini Z. RM (Rear Mounted Motor) MM (Mid Mounted Motor) Each configuration requires a certain type of bodyshell, so just look out for this when you purchase. From my experience the MM Config with McClaren bodyshell are the best handling.
    Kits / Bodyshells can be ordered trackside or you can purchase from the web addresses I posted earlier.

Sure come down and Wednesday and have a look round and see what other people are running.
    How much are they? I'd be interested in the MM McLaren one if it's the best.
    I'll prob call down next wed alright. Where exactly in foxrock is it?

nikimere
    Its in St Brigids Boys School. 7.30 - 10.30. Should be some prices on those websites that I posted earlier and we can advise you when you come down.

Mr Ben
    Yes that Kyosho motor is allowed, infact alot of people are running with it at present.

Just like to thank all those who turned up yesterday evening for our first Mini-Z Race evening.

Big thanks to Dennis for sorting us out with an ideal sports hall in which to lay our Mini Z track.

Racing will be on again next Wednesday 24th same time 7.30pm - 10.30pm

Advertisement