Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian "administration fee" - beware!

Options
  • 05-01-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Rang Hibernian to have my insurance transferred for a day onto another car over New Years. I usually do this through their online system but recently renewed my insurance with them and didn't have access yet. Was told at the end of the 2 minute phone call that i was going to be charged a 15 Euro administration fee for the insurance transfer. Went ahead with it as i was swapping cars with my sister, otherwise i would have told them to go f**k themselves!! Afterwards i sent an email requesting access to the online system as i've always had and got a reply asking for the reason i wanted access - some weird sh1t happening in Hibernian at the moment - heads up to anyone who has a policy with them. Find it weird as i've been a customer for years, never had a claim and rarely transfer my insurance to another car.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I have being with Hibernian for years myself. i've often transferred my insurance to other cars and never being charged. it must be something new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

axa caught me for 35 lids lately, your not 2 badly off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My guess....they've taken on extra staff to deal with new year call traffic and these peolpe don't know when to use discretion...it's quite often who you talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The €15 admin fee has been about since at tleast the summer as I got stung by it (but wasn't told on the phone). When I complained they refunded me.

Something is happening in Hibernian though, they'll insure me on an M3 or various other high-performance stuff for not bad money, before they deliberately priced themselves out of the market for this sort of metal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I've transferred my Hibernian policy on two occasions since the summer of 2006 and have never been charged a cent - nor was it hinted at.

First time was for 24 hours, 2nd time was for 4 days...no issues. Received my letter(s) in the post informing me of the changes just for my records...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Could it have been something to do with a higher engine cc or higher risk car.Im with fbd and they were charging me extra for temp transfare from a 1.6 to 1.8 but no additional cost for a temp change to a 1.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

They had the cheek to charge me €190 when transferring to a murcielago for a 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

528i wrote:
    They had the cheek to charge me €190 when transferring to a murcielago for a 2 hours.

since when was there a need to insure die-cast models? ba-dum-tish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hibernian treat you differently depending on whether you have you policy set up directly or via a broker. I transfer my insurance onto all sorts of stuff (cars/vans) and have never had a problem or been charged for it. I could save €20 by dealing direct but its not worth the hassle I save by letting the broker do the paperwork. Mind you they were a bit wary of the Veyron when I borrowed it from my mate Clarkson for a spin around the Ring of Kerryburgring... (well if we're playing Top Trumps I want the car with 1,001 bhp)

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

The easy way of avoiding the €15 admin charge is goto http://www.hibernian.ie and register - all you need is your customer number and date of birth. Once registered there is an option to "Amend your car policy" you can use. I would imagine if the site is offline and you can't do this then Hibernian would probably waiver the charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

€15 isn't bad in comparison to Quinn Direct... their set admin fee is €51!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

I did a temp sub on an E46 M3 recently enough with them and there was no charge !

Advertisement