Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorway Drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

overtaking lane. i wonder, since it is an overtaking lane is it required to have your indicator on while driving in it ?:D .

and on another note, I was in australia for December, Majority of the roads were all dual cariageway with a 60kph limit(highways) and passing on the left is totally legal. Cant see why the same rule here does not apply, if you know you have a left turn coming up get in the left lane, if not sure when its coming up, get in the left lane, if going straight on, take whatever lane you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

3ft may be an exaggeration but is a shorter gap than i would give other cars when passing etc.

Well it won't be my fault if their bad driving gets them hurt and the only reason i'd stop would be to go back and say "Take that u *-@% :mad:"

As for the boys in blue i do a quick assessment of the cars behind first of all and can spot one a mile off. Plus if i was seen wouldn't take too much work to get it cleared up anyways. ;)

Well aren't you just the hardest man ever to sit into a car...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

I regularly have to undertake on the M1. I have often driven in the driving lane and undertaken up to 50 cars who all seem to want to toddle along in the overtaking lane. I also had some idiot one day overtake me 3 times, i was doing a steady 120 on cruise and every time he went past me he started to slow again forcing me to overtake him! The overtaking lane is called that for a reason. I have no problem with anyone using it for non overtaking but at least move if someone is behind you at a higher speed, irrespective of the speed limit, thats between the driver of the car and the law if its over the limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭lau1247

all this deduce to one thing.. idiots behind the wheel.. QED

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

kippy, cars/drivers that only do 100kph should be banned from the overtaking lane..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kippy, cars/drivers that only do 100kph should be banned from the overtaking lane....
    Banned altogether? That wouldnt be too smart now would it-think about it for a while.

Anyway, thats not the jist of my post. I dont disagree that they shouldnt be there-but going up behind them and acting like a lunatic doesnt help anyone. If they are in the overtaking lane doing 100 then they clearly dont know that they shouldnt be there. Some idiot driving behind them like a lunatic flashing lights, beeping and driving dangerously only confuses them and doesnt teach them a thing. Driver education, for both the person doing 100 and the person acting like a lunatic is what is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

3ft may be an exaggeration but is a shorter gap than i would give other cars when passing etc.

Well it won't be my fault if their bad driving gets them hurt and the only reason i'd stop would be to go back and say "Take that u *-@% :mad:"

As for the boys in blue i do a quick assessment of the cars behind first of all and can spot one a mile off. Plus if i was seen wouldn't take too much work to get it cleared up anyways. ;)

The gardai would do YOU not them.
    As regards the Garda cars, have you seen the Citreon C5 patrolling the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

The gardai would do YOU not them.

I know :mad:
    As regards the Garda cars, have you seen the Citreon C5 patrolling the M50?

Nope but haven't been on it in a while. In fact haven't been on any motorway in a while come to think of it (christmas was out and about a lot and was on the M50 A lot and not a sign of a marked/unmarked car).

Its not like i go around doing it every time i'm out in the car on a motorway, couple of taps of the high beams works 95% of the time. I would estimate i do that a handful of times a year.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kippy, cars/drivers that only do 100kph should be banned from the overtaking lane..
    cars are not the problem, their drivers are!

Advertisement