Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicators & NCT

Options
  • 06-01-2007 5:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me is it a requirement to have indicators on the front of a car aswell as on the sides for NCT?

Comments

If the car had them on when it was manufactured then they are expected to work for the test.
    Some card don't have indicators on the sides for example.

Has the car been modified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

The car is imported from Japan & never had indicators on the front since manufacture.

If they weren't fitted then they can't fail it, IMHO. There might be an issue with type approval, but thats for the importer to sort out.

Are they visible from the front?

Is this model available in Ireland? if so are the ones sold here fitted with front indicators?

There is an amber indicator on each side of the car, don't know if they're visible from front when approaching in traffic. I've imported the car myself. What do you mean by 'type approval'?

The model in question is Jap import only & was never available in Ireland.

Thanks for all your help.

Anybody know anymore on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

can't be absolutely certain, but I'm fairly sure if the car was manufactured with no front indicators (wasn't an after sales modification) it should pass.what's the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Looks like you need to be able to see them from the front.
    Lamps and Reflectors

A motor vehicle (except a motor cycle or an electric vehicle the maximum speed of which does not exceed 24mph) must be equipped with:

Two headlamps to the front (which may be white or yellow)
    Two white front side lamps
    Two red rear lamps
    Two red stop lamps
    Two red rear reflectors
    Number plate lighting at the rear
    Direction indicators to the front and rear (which must be amber in colour)

http://www.irishmotoring.ie/car/rulesoftheroad/vehicle_safety_requirements.php

I know they have also banned the flashing red turn signal from cars imported from the US, I've noticed all the limos have seperate amber signals now.

I was thinking that alright! (Even though the car did come in from Japan without them on the front as standard).

The car is a 180SX.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

180SX usually has indicators on the front. on the bumper under the headlight.

Yeah most I've seen do have them, but underneath headlights on mine are fogs. Maybe whatever kit is on mine doesn't have them? I've seen some with orange bulbs at the each side of the mouth of front lip that are used for indicators.

Here's what mine look like:

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/photo.aspx?id=103410

And here's one with the orange bulbs on mouth of front lip:

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/photo.aspx?id=100819

Anybody know where I could locate some?

• Advertisement

You can see those from the front!, Just take in for the NCT and say nothing.

Advertisement