Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a good deal????? help

• 06-01-2007 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Inspiron 6400
    Inspiron 6400 Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    Floppy Drive: No Floppy Drive
    Hard Disk Drive: 120GB (5, 400rpm) Hard Drive
    Video: 256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 graphics card
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4
    Modem: Internal 56K Modem
    DVD Drive: 8X DVD+/-RW
    Software: English - Microsoft Works 8
    MISC: 65W AC Adapter
    NO SNAP COVER OPTION
    Corel Snapfire Starter Edition
    UK/Ire - Internal Keyboard
    Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI - 60 day trial
    Microsoft Vista Capable Logo Label

Total Price incl shipping: €914

What do you all think good deal/ok deal/no deal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its okay, is there a warranty on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭markjobrien

Yeah its got a 1 year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very good in my opinion considering the 2Gb of Ram, 2Ghz Core 2 Duo and the dedicated X1400. Great deal in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I would say yes, it's very good deal, i have the 6400 and only thing i don't really like is the size/weight of it, but thats just the type of laptop it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Yup that looks pretty good all right.

Check out http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/asp/default.asp to make a comparison on price. Then again you may be looking for all that dell support and stuff.. so its up to you in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Seems like a great deal. I'll be buying a laptop of the same spec in the near future, preferably not a Dell but at that price I'd have to consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Is this a good deal?

Yes, in fact that wouldn't be much over the odds for a desktop of sam spec. Go for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Watch the warranty. 1 year warranty. You should upgrade it if you can or if you can't afford to, see if you have any problems. If you do, most companies allow you to buy an upgrade to your warranty later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

I think its a sound deal alright. Core 2Duo and 2GB RAM are the main selling points for me. May take a wee look myself ;) - remember to go through the Dell EPP (if you havent already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭markjobrien

Didn't go through main site its from the oultet store they have €140 voucher thing going once you put the item in the cart.

Got the final specs and price think i'm going to go for it the only difference from above is that 15.4 inch screen comes with the TrueLife thingy and it has a 9 cell battery but i'm also getting a second 9 cell battery for €36 euro as I need to be sure of a power source for reasonably long time from what i've read these two bats should give me a combined total of 8.5 hours!!!!

So all in all €950 for the laptop with two high capacity batteries i've had a look around and I don't think ill do better than that anywhere on the web.

Just one other question how would you suggest i go about removing the Dell bloatware which i've heard can really mess up a new machine???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

think I have a 6 cell battery and get about two to two and a half hours out of it
    best to try the laptop and see if the bloatware is bad, then uninstall what you don't want or do a reinstall
    Didn't go through main site its from the oultet store they have €140 voucher thing going once you put the item in the cart.

Got the final specs and price think i'm going to go for it the only difference from above is that 15.4 inch screen comes with the TrueLife thingy and it has a 9 cell battery but i'm also getting a second 9 cell battery for €36 euro as I need to be sure of a power source for reasonably long time from what i've read these two bats should give me a combined total of 8.5 hours!!!!

So all in all €950 for the laptop with two high capacity batteries i've had a look around and I don't think ill do better than that anywhere on the web.

Just one other question how would you suggest i go about removing the Dell bloatware which i've heard can really mess up a new machine???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Best to just load it up as eolhc says, go to add/remove programs and decide what you don't want/need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Uninstall the software but get a regcleaner from somewhere too as a lot of the windows uninstallers are crap. Just type regcleaner into Google.

Get Avast AV and Spybot too for Anti-virus and spyware protection.

Advertisement