Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brattwurst mit Mustard

• 06-01-2007 6:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Every time I go to Germany I eat bratwurst like its going out of fashion and now thanks to Lidl (god bless them) I can also do this in the comfort of my own home . The only problem is that I have no idea what kind of mustard the street vendors dispense. Its top notch and the brattwurst is not the same without it.

Anyone got any ideas what it is and where I can get some?

There will be a prize for whoever sources me this mustard. A prize I tells you.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LIDL's English mustard is very like the stuff you get 'on the street' in Germany. It is quite mild and not nostril-flaring like Colmans.

Whats my prize?

Off topic - do NOT buy the huge orange sausage also sold in LIDL in packs of two as it tastes like recycled condoms and has the consistency of, yes, you guessed it - recycled condoms. Not even this stuff would cover the taste. MotherPuckers eh?

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Aldi also have some good Bratwurst.

But like Interceptor said, the mustard in Lidl is really good.
    I usually just bring back loads from germany. Kuehne Senf is the one I LOVE. Yummy. Have to go over again soon to get some more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i lurve sweet german senf, the best kind of mustard - no vinegar added!!!

next time your over there stock up on Spar mustard and Felix hot ketchup - very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Felix is amazing. I thought it was Finnish? At least, it's what I used when I lived there.

Those Lidl bratwurst, though. They're... too salty. Might try the Aldi ones soon. But stock up on some 'English Mustard'.

Thanks for the tips. I bleedin love German sausages. And Sauerkraut. With beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Bratwurst, senf, really fresh german bread (bauernbrot) and a crate of Bitburger!!
    HEAVEN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ye are making me hungry.... think I'll have to pop out for the real deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I think either Lidl or Aldi stock Kuhne Senf ... I imagine it's the real deal that you're looking for, or at least it's the stuff I've had at a few dinnertables over in Germany.

I think Superquinn might even stock some of it these days. I know someone stocks it, I have it in my press. Hmmm... damn it obviously wasn't that memorable a shopping adventure. :)

Advertisement