Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i do THIS?

Options
  • 06-01-2007 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

i see posts around the boards that say for example:

THIS is the link you are looking for etc.. with the link in as THIS and the THIS highlighted and underlined in blue, that goes straight to the link. it saves you having to put in the http://ww...etc etc.

my question is.. how does one do that, put a link in as THIS or HERE,

thanks,
    gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Newbie & FAQ forum is the best place to find such info.

However, this is how you do it:
    This is the link you are looking for.
    =
    [noparse]This[/noparse] is the link you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Read about the other vB codes for more (there's a link at the bottom of the page if you do a quote, reply or new thread rather than quickpost).

There's also a link button at the type of the "advanced" edit box.

Use the Test Forum for practicing.

Don't go crazy with the different codes and formatting option. Purple text in a font other than the default just annoys everyone.

[thread] and [post] are better for posts elsewhere in boards - keeps the domain the same (so if you use www.boards.ie and another users uses boards.ie and another whatever.boards.ie it will still work correctly for each of you).

Advertisement