Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A straightforward fisherman's pie recipe?

• 06-01-2007 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

hi
    I want to make a fisherman's pie based on plain cod fillets and potato to serve 4 and I would like for the perparation to be as simple as possible.

So... if anyone has a nice tried and tested recipe: your help would be really appreciated! :)

thanks in advance.

cozmik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

This is my own version invented late one evening so I hope it turns out. Get about 250ml fish or veg stock bubbling in a pot. Add some finely sliced carrot. Saute some onion and mushroom in a pan then add to the stock. Let it reduce down a bit. Then add chunks of whatever white fish you like. I also add some smoked fish (e.g. rip up a slice or two of smoked salmon) otherwise it can be very bland. I also add some tomato (tinned or boiled and skinned). Put the heat down low and sieve in about a handful of flour, keep stirring to avoid lumps. Then add a good slosh of milk and leave to thicken slightly.
    Meanwhile boil your potatoes and I like to add equal amounts of parsnip. When they're cooked mash them up with a bit of milk, butter and salt and pepper. Add a beaten egg yolk if you want it golden.
    Pour your fish mix into a heated dish then cover it in spinach leaves. Put your potato and parsnip mash on top and cook for about 30-40 mins in a moderate oven or until your topping is crispy.
    I appologise for the lack of measurements but this was a creative epiphany based on whatever was left in the fridge late one night. Seems more complicated than I remember now I write it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Cool ,thanks for the recipe mate but I don't know what quantities to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Anyone else have a recipe I could use?

I need the exact quantites for ingredients please because I'm still a beginner. :)

Thanks in advance!

cozmik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/fishermanspie_303.shtml is fairly good. Just use all cod, thought that's more a cod pie than a fishermans ;)

Advertisement