Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA English content on Badr 4 26E

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Greenman wrote: »
    So where are you?

What brand of dishes are you using?

Post #1 was in Jan 2007 so how is MBC ? plus the Rotana channels?

Details are really welcome plus any views of Nilesat? ie the middle east beam? My wife would kill for the middle east beams and I'm ready to purchase new or secondhand.

Thanks JD.

Ciarraí. A no-brand piece of crap that supposed to be 1.2M but is actually 1.0-1.1M. MBC is fine until medium rain when it starts to break up. The Rotana channels are on the same TP as Fox Movies and since moving onto Badr 6 are no longer receivable. Nilesat needs 3M+ dish here.

As you're in Belgium, I doubt this info is really of any practical use as signal levels vary so much from place to place. Try one of the European boards like sat4all.com or satbook.de

http://forum.dxtv.de/wbb/thread.php?threadid=6241&page=43

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

to snaps,
    i order a lnb from ebay a (golden interstar .2db hd ready)
    and i well try agane well see then, you dont know by any chance where i can find 2th moroccan channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,490 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Here is a link to some Moroccan channels.

http://www.flysat.com/tv-ma.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

2935407361_e4f497702c.jpg

MBC Max testcard on 11919, H, 27500.

hi, boys i got a dish 115 x 105 cm lnb .2db dubai one is good 75%, MBC at 60% but keep going all the time from 60 to 45% every 2sec, can anyone help please.
    thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Try checking the skew on the lnb. I set my motorised dish up so that the mbc channels are the strongest on my arc. i did have a few problems getting mbc but as soon as a skewed my lnb all was well. also worth checking your not getting interference from cordless phones, wifi routers on that freq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

BeaconTransponders
    Want to set up 26°e dish tomorrow.
    Wondering if the 11945 tp is still there, it's not listed with lyngsat. Or which one to use instead?
    Would 12130 (Dubai) be the strongest?
    And is 110cm the minimum size, or is there any chance with 90cm?

Anyone?

11945 is gone. There used to be 30 active tp's on Badr 4 but now only 19.

11977 is the strongest at the moment with me in Dundalk. 70% on 1.1 m Triax dish with Dark Gold LNB, TM 6900 HD receiver. 12130 just slightly weaker 68%. 11919 which has the MBC channels is 60%. I think you would struggle with 90 cm.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.
    Jeez, they must be all weaker to about 5 years ago (old Arabsat days), when I got 40 or so channels.
    No luck at all with 90cm, changed to 1.1m triax, but had no joy, either.
    Midgees were eaten me alive. Get Astra2 and 3, but nothing inbetween.
    Have an old 1.2m offset dish in the shed, needs a bit of welding. I will check again on tuesday weather permitting.
    All I need is the two Dubai sports channels for Bundesliga coverage.:(

Btw. dxhound2005, can you receive Express AM1 on 40°e, and if so, 10967 V and 10995 V in particular?

I get some tp's on 40 E. strongest is 11097 H 4800, Forum TV and Uzbek TV 82% but nothiing on the two you are after

I have them saved with their channel names so I must have had them before, it's a long time since I looked at 40 E. They are on the same footbprint as 11097 so either that is wrong or it might be the fact that they are Mpeg 4.

Alignment is critical on 26 E. I see reports from people in England who cant get it with 1.1 mi dishes. I got my setup done by a professional from Lifford (your part of the world?) two years ago and I think he did a very good job. I get nearly everything from 53 E to 58 W.

They are MPEG4, allright.
    Just came across 40° 'cause I was looking at 39° Hellassat, and this bird came in as well. Just checked on a german dx-board, and they also have difficulties over there picking up 10967 V and 10995 V.
    One of them discovered his own way picking them up with this: picture.php?pictureid=3475&albumid=287&dl=1248100021&thumb=1
    Back to topic.
    I myself managed to pick up BADR or Arabsat at the time on a motorized 1.1m gibertini a few years ago but yesterday there was nothing at all.
    Must have the 1.2m dish repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

There must be a problem at the moment, because I can't get anything from 40 East either. Definitely was getting Uzbeck, but nothing at all right now. I'm getting good signal quality from Hellas on 39 or Turksat on 42 so it's not a pointing error on my dish. (1.1m)
    I can receive MPEG4 on the Mvision Combo, so there should be no problem there. Any specific MPEG4 transponders to check?

Success!
    It needed my old Tevion/Aldi receiver (bought that 5 years ago for a stunning 99€.) to tune in BADR. Now I have exactly 184ch more channels.
    Thanks again, dxhound2005.
    11977 was the first to come in, before the next shower hit me.:(
    Must do a fine tune later, but for the moment I have all channels on the FSS beam here in Sligo.

@fat-tony
    I was watching a football match on UZ-TV1 last night ~7pm. Signal was a bit weaker than the day before but well strong enough for a stabil picture, Grozny is gone at the moment, MTVs still there.
    10967 and 10995 are supposed to be MPEG4, thats why I was asking in the first place.
    btw have the HD200c as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Btw. Fox Movies now running on 12169v 27500 3/4.

• Advertisement

thank you man that's some good news

Yes, thanks for that. Three Rotana channels back as well if you like Arabic music. Must be very new as Lyngsat and Flysat still show as Test Cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Looks like these have now been removed,

Fox movies and series and the 3 rotana channels are now showing test cards., I knew these where not going to last very long.

Yeah, they're gone.
    The prince must be gone home again.:D

Advertisement