Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE Comms

Options
  • 06-01-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

ICE Comms

Pricings aside - how's their services and reliability, and your range from the mast?

[And how's the connection for gaming online? :p ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

HAve been with them last 13 months or so.
    The Good: Site survey & installation done in ~ 3 days. First 9 months or so the service top notch.
    The Bad: After 9 months speeds went to complet s&*^e. And I mean bad, diall up would be better. Support was woeful. In fairness techs could do feck all, some upgrade was going on with the mast that "impacted a few customers". Went on for ~ 3 months with a maybe a week in between where all was ok. Eventually got them to cancel 2 months subscription. At the moment speeds are there/there abouts...on a 2 MB package up/down, in reality its 2 Up.256kb down, looks like they have me on wrong package (again).

Anyhow, summary...I'd be slow...ask for a 3 month contract to see what its like based on feedback you've recieved here (do a search, some clangers out there).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

How far are you from the mast? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Good question...I'm in Celbridge, coverage maps says mast is in Maynooth (~5 miles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭TCollins

about 1 mile from the mast here.

Avoid them like you've never avoided anything in your life.
    I'm on the 2MB businness package and i'm about cut it and move back to dial up.
    That should tell you how bad icecomms are,

They have been terrible - slower than dial up a lot of the time - since October with only about 2 weeks of good service. If you want to use skype, forget it too.

Do a search of boards for icecomms to see how people get on with them.
    Almost all bad news since october last year. I doubt you'll find a happy ice customer these days, unless they are an ice employee of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

We have their mask ontop of our building and get free access and we are looking at changing due to the poor service.:rolleyes:

The service was great until October, and then went down hill. The pings are not stable.

Right now its a bit better then dialup, but due to the unstable pings we get a lot of timeouts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement