Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rci

Options
  • 06-01-2007 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi

Friend of mine mentioned RCi in Blackrock is piss poor to work at, but I'm just checking to see if anybody here can add to this?? I'm thinking of applying there, but not if it's bad to work there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

yea, heard it's rough enough there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

its minimum wage,the extras ie if u sell your target then u earn more,but apparently your targets are unrealistic and theres no way you can make it.
    interview is fine ,you do role playing a bit,and a computer test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

There is a reason that they are always looking for people. It's a horrible place to work and attrition is very high. most people only last a few weeks. pay isn't bad. They have to keep it higher than other call centres to attract people but they have some very questionable business practices. They basically con people to join their timeshare club and give them their timeshare weeks and then rip them off for membership fees, exchange fees etc plus the promised available exchanges never materialize. They take out all the good exchanges that people give them, sell them seperately and replace them with weeks in timshares in Tenerife that they buy seperately in bulk.

Some of their other practices. They recruit foreigners abroad, then pay for their flights and accomadation in a hotel when they get here until they find somewhere to rent. The catch. When the poor german of spaniard realises how bad the place is after a few weeks and tries to leave she is told that unless she stays working for them for at least a year then she is legally liable to repay all flight and accomadation costs ( of course the dingy hotel costs a lot more than she thought) They then have to serve their sentence before they can leave to make anything.

Supervision is very strict . I was given a verbal warning for going to the toilet without permission. I was away from my desk for 2 mins 13 seconds.

If you have no moral qualms about ripping people off and no integrity then you might get on ok. Otherwise stay away. It is the worse of the Cork callcentres.

repeat

• Advertisement

yup, but not on the infamous Stonebridge account. As far as I know they are closed now. Vivas was the last account they had left and they lost that as well recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SoundProof

Wow!

I guess RCI is off my to do list then.

Thanks for all the info!!!

With all the shi.. you'd think RCI was spending most of their time in court or at least they should be!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Wow...that place sounds horrible to work in.

As for not beong able to go to the toilet without permission...I'd end up killing someone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement