Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best for my circumstances???

Options
  • 06-01-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Ok I am going on an 8month work placement to Dublin and I would like to get broadband. Will be staying near Dundrum so I am within an area where it is available but there is a catch...

I'm a little unsure when it comes to providers as is but I also have special circumstances that rule out some so I would like a little advice and opinions.

The accomodation that I will be moving to is up for sale so I am unsure when I will have to move out - that rules out being stuck in a contract. I like playing games, especially over internet, and download quite a bit so I need something that is fast (unlike the reports that I read of the Irish Broadband service...). The phone line in the house is a bit sketchy too so I would prefer a no-line package but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks very much for your time in reading and hopefully responding...

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only service I'm aware of without a contract is IBB Ripwave, but it's completely useless so I wouldn't even consider that. If you can't be tied to a contract, even for 6 months, then I don't think you'll be able to get broadband at all.

Advertisement