Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica....Jungle Essence

• 06-01-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hey lads and lassies!

I was checking out the setlist that Metallica played at the RDS in 2004 and noticed that song 8 is called Jungle Essence...where did it come from? Was it a tune they jammed while on stage during that tour or what?

Thanks!!!! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i have it on my ipod somewhere. from what i remember, it was either kirk or rob jammin themselves. No lyrics or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You have it on your ipod and you dont know if its bass or guitar? :P

I was there, it was a bass solo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was there too but i dont listen to that track every really tbh! :) yes i was too lazy when posting to check! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah it's just a base solo by monkey man himself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Don' know about ye lads but I find bass solos drum solos and guitar solos soo boring. Metallica have been doing that for years and it is really annoying. I would rather a concert half an hour shorter than have to listen to Hammett twiddling and screeching for 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

buck65 wrote:
    Don' know about ye lads but I find bass solos drum solos and guitar solos soo boring. Metallica have been doing that for years and it is really annoying. I would rather a concert half an hour shorter than have to listen to Hammett twiddling and screeching for 10 minutes.

I totally agree, Ive always found that an appauling state of affairs, when someone has to listen to a drum solo or a guitar solo for ages and ages and you just want to hear the next song. I mean, Queen's Brian May has admitted to being booed on occassion when he used to play Brighton Rock, as people just wanted to hear the next song and didnt want to stop or cool down. It gives the singer and drummer a break, which they obviously need during a high intensity performance, but perhaps something (like Ron Thal of GNR playing Dont Cry as part of his solo) would keep the crowd interested and in the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

Must have been more off my head than I thought, I don't remember them playing it at all. Then again I did lose all my clothes at that concert.

Advertisement