Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value of 01 525D Touring...

Options
  • 06-01-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

...quick q for all those on here: a friend of mine has an 01 D reg 525 Touring with 100k miles, and she's decided to chop it in for an 04 320 Touring. Problem is, the trade in value offered this a.m. for it was, I thought, poor..............

I guessed market value at......15-16k.........am I wrong?

Prob is, she really, really likes the 320 Touring on offer....and is afraid she'd miss it if she sits on this too long.......

Thoughts/suggestions? what IS the REAL value of the 525 D?

All replies appreciated, see here for the ad: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=13750

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Problem is the milage, 100K breaks a mental barrier with people, if it has 90k it would be alot more attractive to buyers. I'm guessing it's worth about 12 trade in and perhaps 13 if sold private. It's a 5 year old car at the end of the day and being a touring will only appeal to certain buyers, saloon car is easier to shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

What spec. has it got? Colour? Has it leather and is it auto or manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A few photos would be of help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

thanks guys.
    Junkyard - PM sent.

Was awful hard for her to NOT sign the finance on the 04 today, but I talked her out of it to get a cooling off period....we're just looking to improve on the offer from the garage today - they wouldn't drop one cent on the 04 320. That really, really annoys me............

A quick sale then, will be above trade-in, and below going rate, for a (very) quick sale.

Car is red, manual, cloth seats, climate, cruise control, parking sensors.

The issue with the 525 though, is not the age or the mileage - it's a beaut to drive - she just finds the car way too big for the school run and parking in town.

If, though, anyone out there's got an 03 - 05 320 Touring - diesel or petrol - to trade, by all means, contact me a.s.a.p.

I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Is it a 525d or 525i with a D reg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Update, more detail:

Maidhc - it's both ! It's a 525d on D plates! in other words, it's a DIESEL. A 525i is petrol and worth, well........zero !

Red, cloth seats, full elecs, on board computer, park sensors front & rear, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, cruise control, OEM roof rack, manual gearbox. Car was serviced on 12th Oct 06. Taxed til May 07, NCT til July 07

Averages, in current use - school runs etc, 42mpg - so not heavy on juice, and should be very good on the open road. If you buy it, come back and tell us !

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lovely sounding car. If I were in the market I would seriously consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

The 2.5TDS engine is a cracker of a straight-six, and it sips the diesel (38 mpg minimum). I have a '95 Omega with that same engine; so long as it has had oil changes every 4,500 miles, they're good for at least 280,000 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

The 525d is different to the 525tds from what I know - The 525d is common rail, quicker, more refined and more economical.

I would think it'd be worth about €14-16k as they are very desirable cars!

Advertisement