Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eircom broadband stopping all of a sudden

Options
  • 06-01-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have Eircom home broadband with netopia cayman 3300 series,
    Can't remember what package I have home starter or home plus but my download limit each month is 20480 MB

At irregular intervals when I'm downloading torrents or viewing web pages it would just stop. After a re start it would always come back on.

I've just checked my ping with pcpitstop.com same time as post (Sat) and got average of 166ms

and on my downlaod bandwith test on the same site got 124 kilobits/s

I have great trouble trying watch TVU player (tv from america) most times Late on Sunday nights when the NFL is on.

It more often than not happens when I'm running a few programmes, eg. Azureus, e-mail, Firefox, TVU.

What should I do to fix this problem. Is it an overload of users on my area's braodband and me getting kicked off, Is it a computer issue, connection issue or what? Should I call eircom

Any help would be great thanks, I'm going nuts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Move to BT never had a problem and I have no download limits!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Hi Batman182, Im having similar problems. I seem to be disconnected every time I run torrents for a while. Then it takes ages (like an hour or more) to get a connection again with the exchange. I'm with Imagine (which is basically Eircom broadband!), and it's been happening since just after Christmas.
    BTW, whereabouts do you live, just to compare? I'm in Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Batman182

I usually get it working again when I just re start, I'm in Dublin 11

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

oh ok. It just sounded like a similar problem and I was scanning the boards to see if anyone had the same trouble. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Batman182

Will Eircom provide one or should I buy my own any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement