Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Form

Options
  • 06-01-2007 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I am about to fill in my CAO form, anybody got any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont make a mistake

Don't believe those stories about your mate's dog's friend's mother's sister's husband's son who put down fly fishing in Sligo IT or somewhere as a joke but ended up getting it.

And put down what you actually want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Do Astrophysics in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

lol UCC ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Put you really want to do first. and a leacturer from maynooth says to RESEARCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

put them in order of preference. its amazing the number of people who put stuff in descending order of points and then end up doing something they hate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is the CAO number actually in that big envelope thing that ya get with the big booklet in and all that? I think its on the payment form I think, it gives a number on the giro one in the middle one, is that the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Mushy wrote:
    Is the CAO number actually in that big envelope thing that ya get with the big booklet in and all that? I think its on the payment form I think, it gives a number on the giro one in the middle one, is that the number?

I think you get your CAO number sent to you once you've applied..

Also, when filling it in, it wanted me to tick "relevant qualifications", one of them listed was the leaving cert. It seemed to imply to tick if you'd DONE one of these, so I left them all blank, however it wouldn't let me complete the form without ticking one of them. Did ye all just tick the leaving cert one? I read the handbook but there's no leaving cert option in the written application..

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

If anyone has any questions about their course i'm sure the people on the respective college's forum would be happy to help. Or if anyone has any questions about common entry into science in DCU feel free to PM me.

Not that i know much :|

Dcu rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

put down what you want first! not what you think you can get!
    one of my mates wanted engineering in ucd, but nvr thought he would get the points for it, so he put computer science(or something similar-not 100% on course name) down first because he nvr believed he would get engineering,,,results came and so did college acceptance thingys, he would of got engineering! he ended up going to trinity hating his course and dropping out and now has to wait till next september and re-apply with his points for engineering in ucd! all because he didnt put what he wanted first!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fobia wrote:
    I think you get your CAO number sent to you once you've applied..

Also, when filling it in, it wanted me to tick "relevant qualifications", one of them listed was the leaving cert. It seemed to imply to tick if you'd DONE one of these, so I left them all blank, however it wouldn't let me complete the form without ticking one of them. Did ye all just tick the leaving cert one? I read the handbook but there's no leaving cert option in the written application..
    Basically you're stating what you want to be evaluated on. In this case you are selecting that you wish to be evaluated on your Leaving Certificate 2007 results - which come August (when CAO offers go out) will be available

Advertisement