Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFI-street shutdown!!!1!!one!!!eleven!!!

Options
  • 06-01-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Could be the end to a great support forum

I've been following this for the last few days, its all over XS and OCN and a few other tech sites. AFAIR one of the DFI techs on the street made some rather harsh comments in a thread criticising how DFI was handling its western offices, as a few of the techs off of the street had been fired. Looks like the posting Tech got fired also and now it looks like the street is going to. I only really went for this finicky DFI because of the abundance of support for every little problem and tweak, and now it's down, maybe for good?

I for one am going to email DFI in the hope they'll see the need to give their support to the street again. I hope any other DFI proud user out there will do the same also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

jeebus :/

Who was the tech?

The street's relationship with DFI was a little loose/unorthodox compared to other manufacturer's in-house support. For that reason, it stood out and benefited from increase user-involvement in the support process.
    I dearly hope this is just a temporary set-back.
    That said, posting criticism of your employer (particularly management) in a public forum specifically related to that employer was a poor move (not yet having read the comments).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It was travis "happy games" hill that got the boot, he's the guy who owns and runs the street. It was his comment in this thread (happy games comments half way down the page) that got him fired, but he says in it that DFI had already fired a few techs that where helping with the site.

In fairness he did shoot his mouth off quite a bit, and appears extremely pompous about his position in DFI, slating all the other international techs, when early in the thread he says that the enthusiast DFI user makes up only 1% of their business?

Still, i'm sickened, I needed some help with my RAM settings on this board this weekend and now where do I go for specific DFI support? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

bit-tech overclockers, there are loads of forums still out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    That's unfortunate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thats a pity, I used that site a lot when I had my Dfi, nf4 boards. But support for those boards died after 6-8 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ffs that travis guy is losing the plot. On a few forums people are pointing users with DFI problems to the google cache of the website, Travis is now going around saying that anyone looking at the cache are breaking his copyright laws and that that information is his as it was posted on his website and he is refusing people to access it for a reason, using the google cache, in his opinion, is against the law!!!!

That guy needs a reality check, he's not r00t for all DFI enthusiasts and needs to back off, otherwise there'll be nobody left if DFI-street ever comes back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sorry state of affairs.

Advertisement