Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genuine Windows License

• 06-01-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

My copy of Windows XP pro is not genuine, and to my annoyance microsoft keep reminding me of this through lots and lots of pop up messages and I also cannot upgrade my internet explorer or media player, and I also reckon this is the cause of a number of other issues on my PC.........

Anyway, whenever I try to solve this issue Microsoft first tries to run the Windows "Genuine Advantage Validation Tool", but the problem is it cannot run because : Your Web browser may not configured to run the components or scripts required by the genuine Windows validation process - please try this alternate method. When I try the alternate method the same thing happens, and its just never ending and bringing me absolutely nowhere. My browser does not have the activeX control required by the validation process and where I get this I do not know!

Can someone out there please help :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

peteym wrote:
    My copy of Windows XP pro is not genuine,
    Can someone out there please help :confused:
    Read the charter - the bit about software you own, come back when you have a copy of windows.

un-licensed software just means unfair competition to all software providers
    there are plenty of lower cost alternatives, you could even buy second hand licenses on eBay
    so no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The only way to fix it is to buy a legit copy of Windows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Doesn't anyone read the charter any more :mad:
    dahamsta wrote:
    NO WAREZ!
    NO HACKZ!
    NO APPZ!
    NO CRACKZ!
    NO! NO! NO!

(In other words, we're here to discuss software you have a valid license for, not software a man in a mac in the pub gave you for a pint and a fondle.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement