Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy an itrip?

Options
  • 06-01-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

The previous thread about good frequencies for the itrip left me wanting to get one for myself, is there any place in Cork where I can buy one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

First, you are much more likely to get it for less if you get it online somewhere. However, if you want cash and carry have you tried argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

when I tried to buy one I was told I had to buy it online as it's illegal to sell them in a shop here. The problem is that you actually "broadcast" from your ipod to the frequency you choose and for that you need a broadcasting licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

when I tried to buy one I was told I had to buy it online as it's illegal to sell them in a shop here. The problem is that you actually "broadcast" from your ipod to the frequency you choose and for that you need a broadcasting licence.

I am suprised that there is not a low power exception, the itrip is designed to broadcast 100 feet or less (usually less). The likelyhood of causing harmful interference is really minimum. However, radio laws can go back quite a bit and 100 years ago or whenever ireland got its, the thought of an unlicensed low power station may not have been considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Nealy sure i saw them in PC World in Mahon Point a few weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

I saw them in town in the camera shop next to the Modern on patrick street i think they were below €50 pretty cheap. I bought mine in the US a few weeks ago and it was about the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I bought a Belkin tunecast on eBay about 2 years ago for E20 or so. Might be an option worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

We have them in Halfords - For a one that works with all mp3 players (belkin) it's 49.99, and for a 5Gipod/nano i'm sure it's 59.99... They might have gone up since the sales but I'm sure they were that before. They also have them in Currys and PC World as well I think but just keep in mind Halfords have them too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

Thanks to everyone who replied, I'll be checking out the stores in town and ebay as well. And it was nice to hear about the Apple store in Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Pc World or Currys in Mahon retail have them|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Fitzgeralds on Grand Parade do wireless transmitters, it's not an iTrip, or Ipod specific but does the same thing.

Advertisement