Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Still waiting on tax office to send forms

Options
  • 06-01-2007 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I bought a car in late November, the garage sent the change of ownership form to the tax office in Shannon. On December 15th I received the letter from the tax office but some details were wrong so I sent back the attached amendment form. I received something like a final reminder/warning letter to tax the car a few days ago, the letter was dated 15th December.

Its now nearly six weeks since I bought the car and I still cannot tax it as I haven't received the form from the tax office with my correct details on it. The tax on the car was up October 06. So can I get done for driving with no tax, despite it being out of my hands? I'm afraid to park my car in public in case a traffic warden sees the car tax was up last October. Also I feel like I may get some hassle if I get stopped by the Gards considering I am an L driver with no tax.

Will I have to back tax the car for October and November considering I only drove the car home from the garage in the first week of December?

Advertisement