Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB 3MB upgrade?

Options
  • 06-01-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I am on Breeze 2mb in Bray, paying e50 a month, still waiting for the 3mb upgrade. I see that Breeze 1mb customers have been upgraded to 2mb at the same monthly cost of e35. Breeze 3mb is e50 so why the hell are us breeze 2mb customers waiting to be upgraded to 3mb still paying e50 a month for the same service that old Breeze 1mb are getting for e15 less?

Can anyone tell me when the first Breeze 2mb customers were upgraded to 3mb, because I am going to call them up and demand to be reimbursed the e15 I have been paying for a 2mb line for months that others are getting for e35, as advertised here http://www.irishbroadband.ie/products_display.php?id=16

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Nephew wrote:
    Can anyone tell me when the first Breeze 2mb customers were upgraded to 3mb, because I am going to call them up and demand to be reimbursed the e15
    Thanks

Thre were a few posts on this a while back, do a search.

I think they did business customers first.

Also, when did you get the IBB service, I was upgraded about 6 weeks ago, only have IBB since September.

One final item, upload speed does (or did not in my case) increase with the upgrade, it looks more like a 3/2 service rather than 3/3.

I'm thinking I might downgrade to 2/2, d/l speed is rarely above 2, never upload that much anyway, I can live with a lower speed for €12/month less. Need to check if contention on the 2/2 package is 48:1 or 24:1?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

I phoned them on October the 1st last, and was promised it would be done in a couple of weeks [ROTFL].

Still waiting.

I'm in the Bray [Fassaroe mast] area too. Maybe we are just bottom of the heap?

Anyone in the Bray area had any luck with an upgrade yet?

I'm still stuck on 2Mb after three and a half months...... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I'm on the Deansgrange mast (paying 49 for 2Mb) and haven't been upgraded either. Was moved onto it from the Belmont one around November time and forgot to ask them when the upgrade would likely happen. To be fair I've not bothered ringing to moan about it.

For sure - bottom of the heap :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

I got upgraded a few months back (I dont know what mast im on but id presume the Deansgrange one cause thats where I live). Upload speed was also upgraded for me.

ibbyd9.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I was waiting a while too. I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking to either be upgraded or put my bill down to the 2Mb price. I got upgraded then within a week (don't know if it was coincidence or not). No point getting narky with them unless they don't respond to your first mail.
    As for upload, my upload has gone up to 5Mb/s for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I didn't think they ever read their email - certainly they've never responded to anything I've mailed, only when I've phoned. So I'd go with coincidence!

Looking at Beechers results I should probably ring...

I just rang them for the laugh.

Same story I got on 1st October last - sites are being done in rotation and they hope I'll be done in the next two to three weeks!

I can't wait.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jleavy

Hi All,
    About 1.5 years ago or more there was LOTS of complaints about IBBs service in most areas and some people were also thinking about legal action.

At that point I stuck with eircom 2MB adsl, however I've just moved job and in the new place they use IBB and, while the downloads are not a consistant rate, the speed in general is good. (3mb each way just upgraded)

Coming from the customers side, has the service really improved GENERALLY over the past yr++ ? Can I finally get rid of my eircom phone and broadband?

Thanks and regards,
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Finally got an e-mail from IBB saying I was upgraded, even though I am pretty sure the upgrade was done a few weeks ago.

Download speed is good - can get 2.7 Mb/S.

Upload speed never increased, have done many tests (all using irishisptest.com) over the past few days (at different times) & I never get higher than 1.5 Mb/S, I used to get better than that last year, when I had the 2/2 service.

I'm really not too bothered, I might contact IBB, see if they can fix it, else I'm downgrading to the 2/2 service again, no sense in paying for 3/3 if I'm not getting it.

I realise just because it says 3/3 I won't always get it, I know about the contention, but if an upgrade does not produce improvement, then it's not an upgrade.

Advertisement