Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp LC-37XD1E Problem

• 06-01-2007 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

First time poster long time lurker.

Anyways, I have just gotten my brand spanking new tv home. Hooked everything up, set the stand up and powered it up. The picture came on for a second before switching itself off. Turned it on again same thing happened picture for a second before switching off. Now when I try to turn it on the green light comes on for a split second and there is a loud clicking noise at the back where the power cable connects to the panel and it turns it self to standby mode.

I tried doing as the manual suggests (unpluggin it and leaving it for a few minutes...). I've even changed the fuse in the plug. What am I doing wrong?

I need help before the girlfriend arrives back (I abandoned her in town to pick my my new gadget:o ) and she gives me "I told you so routine..."

Please boardies help get my tv swiched on:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

what source are you connecting to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

It was connected to my Sky+ box via scart and PS2. AV Forums think that the PSU/Inverter is gone. Boxed up again last night. I will bring it back in the morning to get a replacement one which is going to be a bit of hassle.

Dropped the set back to the shop this morning and got a brand new set in it's stead. All is good with the world again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

cool

this can happen with any electrical purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would you mind if i asked where you got the TV and for how much?

• Advertisement

Would you mind if i asked where you got the TV and for how much?

I bought it in Madden Entertainment on Princes Street in Cork. I ended up shelling out 1800 yo-yo's, down from around 2k. (Shhh, don't tell the gf.:eek: )

I hadn't seen them anywhere online and someone else posted that DID do not have them in stock. The guy in the Philips shop was looking for €1660 for the 37PF7441. It was no contest really.

They got about 5/6 of the Sharp 37"s in stock. The 42" which was too big for both my wallet and room (not to mention the WAF:o ) was reduced from €2500 down to €1999 (I think).

cheers for that man, was looking for an irish stockist.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

Quick question on the 42'' Bor. My gf can get a deal through work so get the LC42XD1E for €1300 (but not the 37''!!!). Now you mentioned in a post that it is too big for ur wallet and room. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but does how big does the TV actually look? Anyone have any idea what the optimal viewing range is for a 42''?? Decisions, decisions...

Cheers,

Quick question on the 42'' Bor. My gf can get a deal through work so get the LC42XD1E for €1300 (but not the 37''!!!). Now you mentioned in a post that it is too big for ur wallet and room. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but does how big does the TV actually look? Anyone have any idea what the optimal viewing range is for a 42''?? Decisions, decisions...

Cheers,

For 1300 get on!!! The 37" is sitting about 3m away from me at the moment. It does take up a large amount of space. My room isn't very big (~6 x 6m) but I'm only renting and I'm going to have the tv longer than I'm going to be renting this house. It would all depend on the size of your room, if you're only renting then the size of your room isn't always going to be the same as I said earlier.

The 42" is big but I only saw it on the shop floor rather than a confined room.

But as I said earlier, a 42" 1080p tv for 1300 yo-yo's get on!!! Plus if you're gf can get you the deal then she can't really complain:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Im about to get the 42" version from DID for 1999. This TV also comes with freeview. I assume thats of no use to us irish?

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but I think that if you've a sky/satellite dish then you can use the freeview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dropped the set back to the shop this morning and got a brand new set in it's stead. All is good with the world again.
    im also thinking of buying that tv

but ill wait till the price comes down
    hopefully in summer

i would love to see a ps3 game in 1080p

also hows the tv going The Word Is Bor

give us the good and bad points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

the 42" is 1093 sterling in Dixons in Belfast. Thats €1,659. I dont see the 37" one on their website. Dixons in the Republic dont do Sharp.

Advertisement