Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous Assessment?

• 06-01-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Ok im doing CSSE and I got 30% for my CA and im wondering do I have to pass both the exam and the CA to pass the subject so e.g I get 20% in CA and get 30% in the class exam do I pass or do I fail?

BTW....CA=Continuous assessment

Also is the continuous assessment for maths like for the homework and the tutorials?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

In maths, it's the assignments + quizzes from tutorials, but it only counts to your advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

eamoss wrote:
    Ok im doing CSSE and I got 30% for my CA and im wondering do I have to pass both the exam and the CA to pass the subject?

No you don't, that CA mark is a fail taken on its own but it will just be included along with your final class exam.
    eamoss wrote:
    e.g I get 20% in CA and get 30% in the class exam do I pass or do I fail?

That would be a fail.

It depends on your module but lets just say overall your CA is worth 30% to the module. If you only got 20% just in your CA, overall thats only worth 6% per cent to you in your final mark. The class exam is then only worth 70% to the module. So if you get 30% in the class exam its really only worth 21% to you. So 21% + 6% = 27%

Do you get what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Beau wrote:
    It depends on your module but lets just say overall your CA is worth 30% to the module. If you only got 20% just in your CA, overall thats only worth 6% per cent to you in your final mark. The class exam is then only worth 70% to the module. So if you get 30% in the class exam its really only worth 21% to you. So 21% + 6% = 27%

Do you get what I mean?
    Ah sorry I ment 20/30 not 20/100. So if I got 30/70(exam) and got 20/30(CA) I would come out with 50% in that module. So I would pass and wouldnt have to repeat the exam even tho I have failed the exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

yeh thats right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

nothing wrote:
    In maths, it's the assignments + quizzes from tutorials, but it only counts to your advantage.

Not all Maths modules...I thinks thats only double no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

eamoss wrote:
    Ah sorry I ment 20/30 not 20/100. So if I got 30/70(exam) and got 20/30(CA) I would come out with 50% in that module. So I would pass and wouldnt have to repeat the exam even tho I have failed the exam?

30/70 = 42.9%, which is a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

pisslips wrote:
    Not all Maths modules...I thinks thats only double no?

I did Maths Studies and Stats and it was "to your advantage" in every module bar one (MT468). It may depend on the individual lecturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Slow coach wrote:
    30/70 = 42.9%, which is a pass.
    Sorry fo being unclear 30% out of a max of 70%

Advertisement