Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cooling GPU

Options
  • 06-01-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

i have a sapphire x1950 pro can anyone tell me what water cooling blocks i should buy i'm finding it hard to find my model in specs for blocks. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the danger dens are mena be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah the DD and the invotek blocks are great. But dont offer ram cooling.

The only one that does is the new range of thermaltake blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anti whats that sig about ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anti wrote:
    Yeah the DD and the invotek blocks are great. But dont offer ram cooling.

The only one that does is the new range of thermaltake blocks.

Tell me something, does cooling your system ram help? Because if the answer is a no or a minuscule amount then why would your bother water cooling your gpu or ram.

Its a complete waste of money to get a full cover waterblock. The only reason I have one is because it came with the card and I use 2 pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

SO basically are all the blocks the same in terms of the dimensions and the like and they'll do the same job(ish) with the right brackets? Basically what i'm aiming to do is build a silent PC. i think water cooling would be a good way to go and i'm starting with the GPU cos it's currently by far the loudest thing in the Case and changing it would keep my ears satisfied for a while until i get used to the lower noise levels of course and want even more silence. And specific model numbers would be a great help. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement