Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sevilla on SS1 tonight 9pm

• 06-01-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Very good team to watch with their crazy formations and odd striker selections, but they play some wonderfull attacking football.

Usually play in 312121 type formation with a mixture of Kanoute Fabiano as big powerful strikers or Chevanton as silky skilled striker, russian lad kershatov may play tonight.

Zaragoza 5th and doing well this season so should be a decent game, 3-1 sevilla.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I reckon 1-1. The other back-to-work games in Spain tonight have beentight, low-scoring (so far) affairs, so I'd expect this to be more of the same, as both teams should be raring to go.

Sevilla will really feel the pressure in this second half of the season, and I hope they manage to hold off Barcelona and Madrid, and fill the boots of anyone who was shrewd enough to back them before the beginning of the season. :)

A draw might not be the end of the world here, because I can see Barcelona failing to win tomorrow. All hasn't been right there for most of the season, and with Deco and Ronaldinho staying on holidays for longer than they were supposed to be, Barcelona's preparation hasn't been ideal. A win for Sevilla here could be vital if they could get it, but Zaragoza very rarely fail to score at home, and Milito will be dangerous as ever.

No money, and off the gargle for January. Games like this make staying in a lot less painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Zaragoza

good game so far.

kdjac

2-1 Zaragoza finsihed with a big girly punch up :d

Great game other than the big girly punch up.

Why Maresca doesnt start every week is beyond me, he comes on Sevilla click and destroy real z. Barca and real m will be happy with that result.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That was the worst punch up I ever seen there was 1 or 2 good digs throwen and then the 2 of them started doing imitations of windmills funniest thing I have seen since Drogba ans Lehmann's attempts to get on Corrie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

punch up? cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

evad_lhorg wrote:
    punch up? cool.
    Yeah...... Well they squared up to each other then they started walking side by side the Seville guy (I think cant remember) tried to hit the Zaragoza guy with a sly loaf in the head. The Zaragoza guy then clips his heel and the Seville guy comes back for more the Zaragoza guy hits the Seville player with a nice hook. Seville player stumbles get back up throws a dig at Zaragoza player and then they start doing windmill impressions everybody runs on then it turns to handbags..... You get hyped up for a fight then you just start laughing at the windmills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Their fists weren't even clenched as they were doing their windmill impressions. Seems like both will be getting 4 match bans though!

I'd say there will be severe bans handed out. Diogo definitely caught Fabiano with the first dig, and I reckon Fabiano hit Diogo with at least one clean one before also hitting a Zaragoza peacemaker player with another one. The windmills were funny enough, but in fairness, when was the last time you saw a player give another a proper dig? Apart from in South America!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

First punch thrown by Diogo was a proper right hook - landly sweetly. Couldn't believe it when I saw it! Fabiano did well to stay upright, could've easily knocked him out...............the rest was Benny Hill stuff:D

p.s. I think I'm right in saying Diogo is Uruguayan.............Brazilians and Uruguayans hate each other when it comes to football.

Nunu wrote:
    First punch thrown by Diogo was a proper right hook - landly sweetly. Couldn't believe it when I saw it! Fabiano did well to stay upright, could've easily knocked him out...............the rest was Benny Hill stuff:D

p.s. I think I'm right in saying Diogo is Uruguayan.............Brazilians and Uruguayans hate each other when it comes to football.

Correct. Uruguayans and Brizilians hate each other, full stop. Football doesn't exactly bring them closer obviously! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

All that was missing were their handbags :p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Barcelona looking poor against Getafe today, from what I've seen, I don't think they've even had a single shot on goal! Having said that, Ronaldinho and Deco are being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1-0 Getafe, I was considering putting money on them too! :mad: Think this is the que for Ronaldinho to come on and bail out Barca again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bateman wrote:
    but in fairness, when was the last time you saw a player give another a proper dig? Apart from in South America!

Chris Morgan of Sheffield United took a decent punch from Lee McCulloch(I think) of Wigan a few weeks back . Morgan has just taken an elbow to the face a few days beforehand getting caught just under one eye . McCulloch caught him under the other .

Morgan has to be commended for the way he took the hits , saying these things happen , it's a mans game and he had no ill feelings towards McCulloch.......only to be convicted a couple of days ago for punching Robin Van Persie(well it appears he punched him the only footage ive seen just has Van Persie falling) and got a 3 match ban .

Maybe Morgan thinks punch ups are a part of football .

Depor giving Madrid the runaround here, look very short on confidence. Coupled with Barca's result, it's almost like the big teams dread "returning to work", while the "smaller" teams are raring to go.

Depor havent won in 9 games and are hammering Madrid 2-0 atm and not much hope of a comeback for madrid.

kdjac

Madrid are awful here, simply awful. Clearout needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bateman wrote:
    Madrid are awful here, simply awful. Clearout needed.
    Couldn't agree more, that was the worst Madrid performance I've seen in a long long time and thats saying something considering the way they've been playing for the past 4 years.

Cannavaro(not for the first time this season) was poor and Beckham, Reyes, Van Nistelrooy Raul and Ronaldo were horribly ineffectual. And all this against a Depor team wgho hadn't won in 11 games. Shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Madrid need to get rid of all them long haired hippie's & start buying some football players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I see the best midfielder in the world scored for Barca tonight. Who needs Ronaldinho for frees when you've got Xavi?

• Advertisement
Advertisement