Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business plans

Options
  • 06-01-2007 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Am writing up a business plan for a potential venture. Was curious if anyone knows any decent software to help write it up (Free would be great :D).

Can't seem to find anything non-spammy on google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

palo alto is great, used that for a few college projects and for my own business plan. cant remember how much it cost though!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

If you can get your hands on a copy of Microsoft Office. It contains Microsoft Office Small Business Tools in the programme section. In it is a Business Planner Section. Best of luck !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I would say that you really only need the right headings - other than that what can a software program do for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah the concept and information provided is king obviously, but perhaps something to structure it to a good format would be useful.

Does anyone know how long a real business plan should typically be? I'm on a scheme at college for a potential start up upon graduation. I'm being told the whole process takes months to complete (Process = business plan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

damnyanks wrote:
    good format would be useful.
    I like this one, also as its from EI its probably widely used and means readers would be used to the layout and know where to find the information they require.
    http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/StartBusiness/Advice/BusinessPlan.htm
    damnyanks wrote:
    Does anyone know how long a real business plan should typically be?
    Typically 20-30 pages plus 10-20 pages in appendix
    damnyanks wrote:
    I'm on a scheme at college for a potential start up upon graduation.
    I'm sure your great but you can't beat a bit of post grad experience in any industry, especially if you want to run a business.
    damnyanks wrote:
    I'm being told the whole process takes months to complete (Process = business plan)
    If you have done your market research and know what strategy you will adopt,
    it shouldn't take you that long to get a nice plan put together in bullet point style based on the layout above.
    Then expand on the bullet points as you learn more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Thanks for the link. I've gathered a couple of years exp. doing different things. Nothing major, certainly not enough for hothouse to consider it ;)

It's not something i've definetly commited to have offers else where but this would be the ideal situation!

Advertisement