Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True a Wheel?

Options
  • 06-01-2007 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

........generally, how much would it cost? Shimano 105 etc.
    Rear wheel, hit a few holes and it's rubbing off the blocks. Ball park figure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'd get it done for free, but then I've dropped near 2k on a bike in that shop recently ;)

Ball park, depending on where you go (and thus skill of wheelbuilder) 5-35 eur I'd hazard. If it's nothing crazy I'd guess 15e should cover ya.

Alternative cost

Park Tool Home Wheel Truing Stand 123.41
    Park Tool Spoke Tension Meter 74.54
    Park Tool Portable Wheel Dishing Guage 32.70
    Frustration and Learning 4-8 hours

So around 230 eur and some good experience! I haven't gone that route myself yet, might not ever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Trojan wrote:
    Frustration and Learning 4-8 hours.
    I know people who had been doing it for 20 years and were still learning new tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Trojan wrote:
    Alternative cost

Park Tool Home Wheel Truing Stand 123.41
    Park Tool Spoke Tension Meter 74.54
    Park Tool Portable Wheel Dishing Guage 32.70
    Frustration and Learning 4-8 hours

So around 230 eur

More like "Spoke Key €10".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Less than €20 if you don't need spokes.

Got my rear wheel trued here during the week, it was £12 + £4 for replacement spokes, that's about €22.

Advertisement