Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play-offs, reports, news, musings

Options
  • 07-01-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭

Good to see Peyton is living up to his usual play-off form and making a game of it with the Chiefs: 3 ints so far (early in the third)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Holy cow what an ending. I wouldnt say it in case people plan on watching it later today. If you dont have plans to watch it, make plans.

Unbelievable ending. I missed last years Colts steelers match, but this has to run it close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

Holy cow what an ending. I wouldnt say it in case people plan on watching it later today. If you dont have plans to watch it, make plans.

Unbelievable ending. I missed last years Colts steelers match, but this has to run it close.

The seahawks cowboys game ? Well Tony Romo needs some help with the holding ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Nice final drive by the Eagles to chew up the clock and win the game.

Down to the last eight, and only 7 more games to go. :(

By the way, Romo is the Cowboys' holder and he hasn't mishandled a snap for two seasons. Until now.

pressure got to Romo, same way it got to the bengals snapper/holder. These things happen.

up next week:

Seahawks @ bears
    Eagles @ saints

Pats @ chargers
    Colts @ ravens

Bear is probaly the worst looking match, the other 3 should be excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

up next week:

Seahawks @ bears
    Eagles @ saints

Pats @ chargers
    Colts @ ravens

Im going for a Bears win but it will be very close.
    Eagles vs Saints is the hardest of them all to call but im going to go for the saints fairytale season to continue just like the steelers did last season.

I think the Patriots will have it tough up against the chargers excellent offense but its defenses that win championships so im going to go with the patriots by a field goal.

Colts and the Ravens game should be a good one but i think ravens defense will be too good for the colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I just heard on the news that the Chargers are refusing to sell tickets to Sunday's playoff game to Patriots fans!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

That's just bad form altogether :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

No. You can get tickets online through Ticketmaster. But the Chargers are refusing to sell tickets to anyone who doesn't have an address in Southern California!! They must have had Ticketmaster filter on the address or something, and then block the sale. They said they want to take full advantage of their "home field advantage" :mad: I think it's just wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i noticed a lot of non sporting actions since i started following NFL a few years ago, some people take their sport the wrong way and should put their effort into loving their club rather than hating their rivals, but hey its easy to moralise when you're a steelers fan, sitting on my big fat ass watching the post season games with neutral stance (and some games they were i nearly died with all that hapened in the last quarters of Eagles v Giants and Cowboys v Seahawks, playoffs have definitely been exciting)

It is very unsportsmanlike conduct on their part. But hey, I guess in the end it won't make much difference to the game. Except that the fans will be a bit louder for the Chargers. But the Patriots aren't going to let the crowd noise affect them anyway. It's just not fair to the Pats fans. I'll be watching it from my sofa anyway. Cheaper beer and no lines for the toilets ;)

There openign a huge can of worms, and it will backfire badly on them.

There openign a huge can of worms, and it will backfire badly on them.

I suppose they are really. I honestly can't believe that the NFL would allow them to do this. It's setting a precedent for other teams to do the same thing. And with the "sue-happy" culture we have in the States some fan could decide to sue the Chargers organization for discrimination or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

free2fly wrote:
    It is very unsportsmanlike conduct on their part. But hey, I guess in the end it won't make much difference to the game. Except that the fans will be a bit louder for the Chargers. But the Patriots aren't going to let the crowd noise affect them anyway. It's just not fair to the Pats fans. I'll be watching it from my sofa anyway. Cheaper beer and no lines for the toilets ;)

Unsportsmanlike conduct!!! roughing the opposing fans..15 yards penalty ..repeat first down:D

Ed Hochuli

:Deusa_clap.gif

:D hee hee!! But I think it should be half the distance to the goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I hope the Pats can keep up there away form, there one team who never seem to be bothered by a huge home crowd booing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Seahawks @ bears:
    no secondary versus a dodgy QB.....i see a failed running game for both teams, LOTS of field goals in a Bears Victory. BEARS BY 6

Eagles @ saints:
    the most offensive game here, should be a classic. i see Colston and Bush tearing a Sheppard-less eagles apart. SAINTS BY 12

Pats @ chargers:
    Hardest game to call best team of the year versus the best team of the past 5 years. So close that Belichec will regret letting Vinatieri go, Gostkowski to miss winning FG. CHARGERS BY 1

Colts @ ravens:
    I see this as the game Peyton finally ditches the "Choker" tag in the playoffs. He will be the leader the team needs and get them close, only for the Colts defence to ruin things for him. Ravens by 14

That Saints' game looked like a good one last night. A pity it was on so late. It was their first ever play-off win! Now if Seattle can beat the Bears, the Saints could host the NFC Championship game.

The Colts and the Saints are now the favourites for the SB. Of course, they have one less game to play than the other four teams. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Is there anyplace showing the Pats game on the web. Id pay a few euro to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

Seahawks luck finally runs out. The hasselback interception after the tipped pass was the pivotal moment but fair dues to the bears defence. The hawks misfired at too many pivotal times.

gutted to see the eagles out and my bet (the Ravens) but as a playoffs neutral (steelers fan, yes i'm a bandwagoner :p , only 3 years watching NFL, i like a good running team) you can't complain as to the quality of the games we're getting, delighted for the saints that the fairytale season is continuing.:D

So, down to the last four:

Saints @ Bears

Patriots @ Colts

Who do you fancy?

I'd love to see the Saints making it, but somehow I think it's going to be the Pats and the Bears.

the saints will make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

id love to see Saints v Colts.......offence v offence

but its more likely gonna be another Pats SB win, this time over the Bears....NEVER bet against Brady on the Postseason, he is 12-1 now

Boomer23 wrote:
    id love to see Saints v Colts.......offence v offence

but its more likely gonna be another Pats SB win, this time over the Bears....NEVER bet against Brady on the Postseason, he is 12-1 now

12-2 now. And Belichick has finally lost a close play-off game. Can Peyton and co overcome the Bears D? Will Rex throw more completions than interceptions?

Oh, well, only one more game to go...:mad:

Advertisement