Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raindance-London 17/02/07

• 07-01-2007 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Needless to say ill be there again for this,the best rave of them all atmosphere is utterly amazing every time, looking forward to seeing Top Buzz play a set it's been quite sometime since ive seen them, also Krome should rip the place apart with underground Hardcore and of course the famous Jenkins lane arena, Kenny Ken should play a good Jungle set and the legendary after party where things get really messy :D

raindanceflyer.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

I never miss a raindance, will be there for sure!

here's some pics from last septembers one

1oi8.jpg

2ll6.jpg

4sf8.jpg

you have never been to a rave if ya have not been to a raindance, seriously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I never miss a raindance, will be there for sure!

here's some pics from last septembers one

1oi8.jpg

2ll6.jpg

4sf8.jpg

you have never been to a rave if ya have not been to a raindance, seriously.

For sure mate will see you there :)

Yeah for shizzle

will be spending a large percentage of the night in the deep blue breakbeat arch - its way down the back

are u gettin a hotel n all that jazz over there? we havent booked anything yet but this time are gona get a hotel cause most the other times we just come straight home and it is nasss-ty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

...cause most the other times we just come straight home and it is nasss-ty!
    Now THAT'S what I call Hardcore!!! :eek:

Flying over to an all night Rave and then heading straight to the airport afterwards. I couldn't think of anything worse! :(

done it loads of times

last time was last december we went to breaking ground at the same venue, had stanton warriors and pendulum live etc there

after a serious bad ordeal as stanstead and boarding our plane.. we thought we were going to get back to dublin without getting thrown in jail - forgot to dump remaining party chemicals on the way back and only really remembered as we got ripped apart for a search (amazingly didnt find nething on us), ANYWAY.. 1pm sittin on tar mac in london ready to go... so we take off and it was a really bumpy flight, cud see the sea and it was rough AS ****! what happens, the pilot couldnt land the plane in the wind in dublin (made 1 close attempt but nearly crashed - i am still tripping at the time btw after taking LSD, 2c-b, E and lots of beer lol) and diverts to shannon

to make matters worse i was stuck in between my mate and some indian chap on the back seat of a coach which took 3.5 hours to get home

i kissed the dublin 15 ground upon my arrival and swore never to do it again.. an end to directly from night of mongo -> airport biz for naked lepper i tells u! oh and edited to say also an end to being so clumsy as to forget to empty pockets of remaining drugs after a night in a forgien country!!

took mon 18th feb off work n gona hang round london on the sunday to recover

• Advertisement

Ha Ha nice one ive done it a few times myself and it's nasty, the best or rather worst of all was when i was coming back from New York in 2001 i was living in London @ the time, we'd been up all nite drinking, necked a couple of bad boys and we were snorting industrial strength coke:D really strong stuff best ive ever done 50 dollars a gram and it was more than a gram.

Anyway we ended up in this early bar and before i know it the time was 11.30am and my flight was @ 3pm, they all tried to persuade me to stay, maybe i should've lol but anyway i left the bar which was a dark dingy bar and was plunged into daylight i hadn't a clue where i was going all i could see were skyscrapers in Manhattan, i eventually somehow made me way back to the Hotel mad out of it, receptionist in the Hotel looked a me walk in like i had 2 heads :o:D i got my bags together, taxi to the airport, i was on a bit of a comedown at this stage, anyway i checked in, got onto the flight and went to the jacks when i discovered in my pocket (i was gonna have a sneaky fag:D ) a gram of coke id totally forgotten about :eek: :D never one to rest on my laurels i caned the lot in 2 large lines, sat back down, i was sitting beside this huge blond German guy and this yank who was also big and i was sandwiched in between two of them, minutes later it hit me like a sledgehammer and i was fidgeting all over the place, this went on for some time the two blokes must have thought id lost the plot they went walkabout after a while, i then started yapping to anyone who would listen talking complete rubbish, i cant remember exactly what i was saying something about Rave music and drugs:D the trolly dolly came around with drinks and i grabbed a load of them she looked at me like i was a lunatic, i was buzzing for about 2 hours, i must have fell asleep eventually when i woke up the flight was due to land the other 2 seats were still empty the other 2 blokes must have sat somewhere else, i was ****ed when i woke though ffelt like death warmed up... what a mad one that was never again though jaysus imagine if id have been caught:eek: :D

Yeah for shizzle

will be spending a large percentage of the night in the deep blue breakbeat arch - its way down the back

are u gettin a hotel n all that jazz over there? we havent booked anything yet but this time are gona get a hotel cause most the other times we just come straight home and it is nasss-ty!

Yeah definitely getting a Hotel staying the Sunday as well take the Monday off work im too old to be flying back the following day:o i need the Sunday nite to chill out,chances are ill go to the afterparty as well we went to the last one things got messy there though when more MDMA Crystal was produced:D

Haven't booked as of yet but definitely going, think me aul mate CTRob might be going to this as well we're heading to Fantazia in 2 weeks, will let you know for definite if you wanna arrange meet for a beer and that, ill be frittering between the rooms probably mostly in the Jenkins Lane but the deep blue arch is cool as well.;)

yeah well we always get a few pints in the shipwright arms (commonly known amongst seone ravers at the shipwreck) - its just beside seone..
    looking for a hotel close by too, theres a hilton directly across the road but duno what theyd be like on letting people back + prices etc

yeah well we always get a few pints in the shipwright arms (commonly known amongst seone ravers at the shipwreck) - its just beside seone..
    looking for a hotel close by too, theres a hilton directly across the road but duno what theyd be like on letting people back + prices etc

Yeah i know the aul shipwreck alright :D i always go there for a few sherberts beforehand, the Hilton could work out expensive ill price it anyway, last time i was in London in November for Epidemik @ The Ministry Of Sound we stayed in the Holiday Inn near London Bridge id imagine it's no more than 10 mins from SE1 and we had a few sound raver birds back for a sesison last time no problem so might look at booking this hotel again it only worked out about 40 sterling a nite which is good, will let ya know anyway.

u on dontstayin johny?

• Advertisement

u on dontstayin johny?

Yeah im on it but don't use it a lot(i should use it more) you can find me all the time on

http://www.backtotheoldskool.com/phpBB2/index.php

I dunno why but i seem to be looking forward to Raindance more so than Fantazia in 2 weeks but Fantazia should be amazing have you see the line up?:cool:

more into breaks and dnb than hardcore or old skool to be honest

oh and lately some psy trance now that im a acid head :P

ill check that forum laters .. u shud check http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

lots of heads off there hittin raindance too

Fcuk me if id have known before id have made the effort to go to this As the Jenkins Lane arena is my fav @ Raindance.:cool:

RAINDANCE-JENKINSLANE.jpg

Think the wife has just given me the green light for the one in March, or at least she didn't strongly object. And flights out of Kerry are 3 euros and land into Stanstead at 7, 3 hours before the event. It will be nice to go to an event outside the Cork/Kerry area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Well i'm all booked uo for the 17th!!!!

First raindance for me :D

Top Buzz, Krome and the legends of jenkins lane canna wait.

Irish posse on tour once again haha :cool:

this event will be a top buzz most def... always love a good raindance and this one is set to be just as good as any before... only one weekend to get through now and then i am ready to release my serotonin receptors into a whole new level. oo yeaw :)

ohhh yeah bring it on :cool: :cool: :cool:

3 days to go...

HARDCORE YOU KNOW THE SCORE :cool:

ooooooh yeh!

i get butterflies even thinkin bout it!!

ooohh yeah some Top Buzz from 1992 to wet the appetite :cool: :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WOeKPhoyMN8

• Advertisement

1 of the best nights / weekends of my life

stayed in london bridge hotel too (on sunday nite), was really nice and cheap enuff too.. 123 quid for triple room (had plasma tv n all hehe)

just back last night

the house room at 8am in raindance was wicked, last room to close up and the lights on with ppl everywhere just dancing away, winding down after an amazing night

breakbeats room was wicked till bout 4am when that ****e mc qwith the black cap on came on and staretd yapping into the mic, every1 knew he was ****e but he must have been some hard man cos nobody got him off the mic.. pity!

old skool room was also top notch, cant rem the names of ppl i saw in there but they were all wicked!!

avoided the hardcore and hard dance arches as usual, i need my beats with a bit of a groove, not just bang bang bang

over all. amazing! shame we didnt cross paths j, next time eh!

back 2 work now aghhh

Did you not get the txt i sent you Naked Lepper?

Me and CT Rob and some other friends had a fantastic nite, we done the after party as well now that's HARDCORE :D Raindance is the business i don't know what i can say about it that hasn't been said already except for those of you who haven't been you haven't experienced a proper Rave until you've been a a Raindance it's brilliant,vids to follow.:cool:

a few fotos....:cool:

s7000002ex0.jpg

s7000010yf6.jpg

s7000020ml9.jpg

s7000042gt7.jpg

jonny68 wrote:
    Did you not get the txt i sent you Naked Lepper?

Me and CT Rob and some other friends had a fantastic nite, we done the after party as well now that's HARDCORE :D Raindance is the business i don't know what i can say about it that hasn't been said already except for those of you who haven't been you haven't experienced a proper Rave until you've been a a Raindance it's brilliant,vids to follow.:cool:
    i did
    i was in shipwreck when i got it and i texted back
    i said we were gona stay there till 11 and we did
    lucky we had tickets cos the que was huge and loads didnt get in

I never got any text mate..never mind another time, here are some vids i took from Raindance i took a load them ill post the rest when ive uploaded them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qx8ABzuXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD2pYUGe3Qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTfW5qELps

Roll on April for the next one, seriously folks if you are into a proper underground Rave there is nowhere better it's seriously worth making the trip over.:cool:

Here's the provisional line-up flyer to follow.

Here are the details for the 2nd part of our 18th year celebrations.

Our next event will be on Saturday 21st April @ SeOne.

The Line-Up is as follows

Old Skool Arch
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Ratpack
    Trix
    Stu Allen
    Danny C
    Gee Magical
    Ellis Dee b2b Jay Cunning
    Isotonik Crew (Perry K, Lukozade & Mc Ice)
    Demo Cru
    with Mcs Robbie Dee, and 5Alive

Classic & Upfront Drum and Bass & Jungle
    Funky Flirt
    Darren jay
    Dj Rivah & Vocalist Cat Knight
    Kenny Ken
    Danish Mike (The Milky Bar Kid)
    Shockin'B
    Dean 'Page Boy' Delirium
    Ruffstuff
    Devious Dee & Mc Ribs
    hosted By Mc Moose

The Magic Hardcore RaveAbout Arch
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Sharkey
    Kevin Energy
    Happy Bounce & Ponder
    Stu Allen
    'Granny' Sc@r and Uplift
    Arkitech
    Upfront
    Vibes & Livelee
    Sketchy

with manic mcs Rizla Dizla & Sharkey

89-90 Jenkins Lane Reuinion Arch
    Trevor Fung
    Joey G
    The Old Gits
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Niki Dimensions
    Jack Bass

Can U Feel It? Breakbeat Arch
    Soto
    Ellis Dee
    Steelo
    Apply The Breaks
    Def Inc
    Phono Bros
    Mofo
    Hosted By Ken Mac

Mad Hatters hard House Party Arch
    Claire McLaren
    Shimmer
    Audio Freak
    D4RK
    Raf
    Tony Roberts
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Kevin Energy

Wahey :D i thougt id bring up an older thread BECAUSE....

On September 19th 2009 it's the 20th birthday of the legendary RAINDANCE the UK's longest running Rave promoter and originators of the Rave scene,to the best of my knowledge no other Rave/Clubbing organisation has been going as long as Raindance,this is simply going to be amazing and we might not see anything like this again,special guests are being added all the time and i wouldn't be surprised if legends like Carl Cox an co turned up to play (he has played at Raindance in the early 1990's)

I don't wanna go into a long post at just how utterly amazing a Raindance Rave is with 7 arenas to cater for a variety of music tastes from Old Skool to Drum & Bass to Techno to Breaks to House and beyond,i seriously cannot reccommend Raindance enough, amazing atmosphere, friendly people, amazing atmosphere and lazers,etc,etc,etc and an afterparty from 7am to 2pm (it starts at 7pm to 7am)im 100% there and ive already booked the Monday off work.

Raindance 1990 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBTeo0kjcEo
    Raindance 2009 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibm4RWXH7Xc

http://www.raindancetwenty.com/
    Raindance 20th Birthday
    SeOne + Surprise
    Saturday 19th September 2009
    9.30pmish-7amish
    Some of you have asked me to send you what is actually written on the preflyer behind the smiley face, well here is what is written:

We wrote our names into history on that fateful evening back in September 1989. Our party at Jenkins Lane in east London was the first of its kind, the very first licensed rave to be held in the UK. We are number one, the first, the originators, the party starters and we’ve been doing it, bigger, better, harder and faster over and over for the last nineteen and a half years. Well now it’s the big one. The Twentieth Birthday Party. Two decades of debauched hedonistic festivals of rave all rolled in to one crazy marathon party and you’re invited. Raindance is seven raves in one, uniting all the various strands of our fractured club and rave scenes. Creating a unique party atmosphere where everyone is made welcome. The vibes will be electric. You, the Raindance ravers are widely regarded as the best on the planet, the most up for it, the most hardcore, the most diverse. Young and old, black and white, rudeboys and cyberpunks, 89 originals and 09 rave virgins – you are all Raindance and we salute you! Raindance is not just about headline acts, we don’t pay attention to who Mixmag’s flavour of the month is or who all the agents are trying to push. we wouldn’t watch top of the pops even if it was still on the telly. Raindance is about real rave music played by real rave DJ’s who are still in love with the scene. Some will be household names, Slipmatt, Billy Daniel Bunter, Kenny Ken, The Ratpack, Robbie Dee, Dj Ratty, Devious D,TC, Hixxy, Joey Riot, DJ Vibes, Carl Cox, Grooverider, Fabio, Mathew B (or Bushwaka),Trevor Fung, Colin Dale, DJ JD (calling himself John Digweed these days), SL2, Moby, The Prodigy (apparently they’ve done alright for themselves), Shades of Rhythm and N-Joi (neither having done quite so well we’ve heard - lol), and others will be less known to those outside of Raindance. But remember our old saying, superstar wall to wall superstar DJ and MC lines-ups, do not a great party necessarily make, and Raindance is the party for those that know, so come and discover tomorrows dj’s and acts today. This will be the party that officially marks 20 years of rave and dance music in the UK. Forget anything else that is claiming to do the same, they can try, but we started it and so our twentieth birthday party is also the scenes twentieth birthday party. The tunnel will be shut creating an amazing outdoor area (license permitting – remember the eighteenth birthday!), there will be all sorts of surprises in store for the lucky thousands that manage to make it into the event. This will sell out. do not miss out. This party is a one off. A chance to celebrate twenty years of the greatest cultural explosion of our generation(s)

Raindance Update!!!!!!!

As you are all aware Raindance will be 20 in less than 45 days, we, at Raindance have been thinking of ways to celebrate, in true Raindance style.

Little Miss Raindance thought she would let our loyal Raindance ravers, our main headliner djs who are helping us celebrate....

So here you go....

The Ragga Twins.... LIVE PA
    **First Since 1995**

Rhythm Section
    **The Re-Launch**

and added just yesterday....

Jilted Generation...
    **Prodigy Tribute**

Watch This Space.... FULL LINE-UP COMING SOON!!!!!
    For all new announcements on what will be the party of the year, and that will certaining put SeOne on the map like never before check out our new mini-site..

raindancetwenty.com

For more information or for tickets call
    07939 293 103

Tickets are priced @ £22 + Booking fee
    For tickets call 07939 293 103 or email bonnieparker90@hotmail.com

Be warned this event WILL sell out

Just to reiterate Raindance is not just old skool there are SEVEN arenas catering for a variety of styles,although obviously the main arena is a homage to the groundbreaking music that is Old Skool Rave/Hardcore!

I am not exaggerating when i say that Raindance are without doubt the kings of the Rave scene,ive been to thousands upon thousands of Raves and club nites since 1990 covering every different genre of dance music you can think of but nothing is as good as Raindance, it is an a mindblowing experience going to a Raindance Rave and something you'll always remember, i cannot recommend Raindance enough:cool:

• Advertisement

Think the wife has just given me the green light for the one in March, or at least she didn't strongly object. And flights out of Kerry are 3 euros and land into Stanstead at 7, 3 hours before the event. It will be nice to go to an event outside the Cork/Kerry area...

well Conor 2 years later mate hope your gonna make the 20th birthday:D

The full line up, the first PA from the legendary Ragga Twins in 15 years is worth the entrance fee alone, this is going to be the event of 2009,something for everyone .:cool:
    Full Line Up is.......

The time has come for me to finally realease the full line-up for Raindance's historic event.

so here goes...

Magic Hardcore RaveAbout

Yarpy with vocalist Pixxie
    Upfront
    Double G
    Robbie Long
    Raf
    Happy Bounce & Ponder
    Sc@r & Uplift
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter b2b Slipmatt
    Dizzy
    Insane & Mind
    Sharkey
    Vibes & Livelee

hosted by mc's SHARKEY , Spenno , Lyrical Groover, Rizla Dizla

Mad Hatters Hard House Party

LDM
    Discam
    Neil The Pornstar
    Beanie
    Double G
    Matt Handy
    Tony Roberts
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Phil Reynolds

Trance: A history Of Euphoric & Uplifting Trance
    The Raindance Guide

Neil O'Dono-Van
    Tony Roberts b2b Dan Taylor
    Skiesto
    PK
    Slipmatt
    Armin Van Nunny
    Dave Minns

Raindance Old Skool: Main Arena

Rhythm Section Live PA
    Slipmatt
    (awaiting logo)
    Ragga Twins LIVE PA
    *First full live Pa in 15 years*
    Jilted Generation PA (Prodigy Tribute Band)
    Ratpack
    feat Stephanie Smart
    Ellis Dee
    Isotonik Crew
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Lomas & Rascal
    G-Magical
    Vinyl Junkie
    Danny C
    Chalky White
    DJ Jedi
    Random
    Hosted by MC' Ice, 5alive, Charlie B

'89-'90 Jenkins Lane Reunion

Richie Fingers
    Slipmatt
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Skie b2b Squirrel
    Joey G
    Old Gits
    Niki Dimensions
    Jack Bass

Pussina

"El Matadore"
    Danny C
    Filth Monkeys
    PK
    Alex Hero
    Tom Unity
    Mr Arkoss
    Funky Toast

Can U Feel It??? Breakbeat

Rennie Pilgrem
    Apply The Breaks
    Beat Assissins
    Ellis Dee
    SoTo
    Swifty B & Lock-UP
    Sticky Fingerz
    Hosted By KEN MAC ONLY!!!!

Raindance Jungle/DnB

Brockie
    Jumping Jack Frost
    Devious D
    RuffStuff
    Kenny Ken
    Swane-E
    Trix
    Nicky Blackmarket
    SLB
    Lex TC
    Rivah feat Vocalist Cat Knight

hosted by Mc's Moose, Fun, Rem-a-Dee

for more information please call 07939 293 103 or email bonnieparker90@hotmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

jonny68 wrote: »
    The full line up, the first PA from the legendary Ragga Twins in 15 years is worth the entrance fee alone, this is going to be the event of 2009,something for everyone .:cool:
    Full Line Up is.......

The time has come for me to finally realease the full line-up for Raindance's historic event.

so here goes...

Magic Hardcore RaveAbout

Yarpy with vocalist Pixxie
    Upfront
    Double G
    Robbie Long
    Raf
    Happy Bounce & Ponder
    Sc@r & Uplift
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter b2b Slipmatt
    Dizzy
    Insane & Mind
    Sharkey
    Vibes & Livelee

hosted by mc's SHARKEY , Spenno , Lyrical Groover, Rizla Dizla

Mad Hatters Hard House Party

LDM
    Discam
    Neil The Pornstar
    Beanie
    Double G
    Matt Handy
    Tony Roberts
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Phil Reynolds

Trance: A history Of Euphoric & Uplifting Trance
    The Raindance Guide

Neil O'Dono-Van
    Tony Roberts b2b Dan Taylor
    Skiesto
    PK
    Slipmatt
    Armin Van Nunny
    Dave Minns

Raindance Old Skool: Main Arena

Rhythm Section Live PA
    Slipmatt
    (awaiting logo)
    Ragga Twins LIVE PA
    *First full live Pa in 15 years*
    Jilted Generation PA (Prodigy Tribute Band)
    Ratpack
    feat Stephanie Smart
    Ellis Dee
    Isotonik Crew
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Lomas & Rascal
    G-Magical
    Vinyl Junkie
    Danny C
    Chalky White
    DJ Jedi
    Random
    Hosted by MC' Ice, 5alive, Charlie B

'89-'90 Jenkins Lane Reunion

Richie Fingers
    Slipmatt
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
    Skie b2b Squirrel
    Joey G
    Old Gits
    Niki Dimensions
    Jack Bass

Pussina

"El Matadore"
    Danny C
    Filth Monkeys
    PK
    Alex Hero
    Tom Unity
    Mr Arkoss
    Funky Toast

Can U Feel It??? Breakbeat

Rennie Pilgrem
    Apply The Breaks
    Beat Assissins
    Ellis Dee
    SoTo
    Swifty B & Lock-UP
    Sticky Fingerz
    Hosted By KEN MAC ONLY!!!!

Raindance Jungle/DnB

Brockie
    Jumping Jack Frost
    Devious D
    RuffStuff
    Kenny Ken
    Swane-E
    Trix
    Nicky Blackmarket
    SLB
    Lex TC
    Rivah feat Vocalist Cat Knight

hosted by Mc's Moose, Fun, Rem-a-Dee

for more information please call 07939 293 103 or email bonnieparker90@hotmail.com

Slightly off topic..

But Haha!

The Stage names of 97% of everyone on that bill are really silly. I've been having a good laugh reading them.

Well, apart from "Happy Bounce" of course - Obviously a real name..

:cool::confused::D;)

ICN wrote: »
    Slightly off topic..

But Haha!

The Stage names of 97% of everyone on that bill are really silly. I've been having a good laugh reading them.

Well, apart from "Happy Bounce" of course - Obviously a real name..

:cool::confused::D;)

eh ok mate thanks for that :rolleyes::confused:

ANYWAY......10 DAYS TO GO

I cant wait for this, hopefully es cee from this forum can make it over as well, im travelling down from "up norf" for this, bus is booked and all, getting ticket in a few days, they are are almost sold out i believe which is no surprise, this could probably sell out twice over given the occasion it is.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

lol!!!

those names are brilliant. Has anyone (apart from Jonny) actually heard of any of those names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Would've heard (and seen) a few of the old school guys, like...

Slipmatt
    Ragga Twins LIVE PA
    Ratpack
    Ellis Dee
    Isotonik Crew
    Rennie Pilgrem
    Jumping Jack Frost

...but that was yonks ago.

Your man Slipmatt seems to be playing in every area. Fairplay, hope he's getting paid well!! :cool:

But I'd have to agree, a lot of the names are hilarious.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Would've heard (and seen) a few of the old school guys, like...

Slipmatt
    Ragga Twins LIVE PA
    Ratpack
    Ellis Dee
    Isotonik Crew
    Rennie Pilgrem
    Jumping Jack Frost

...but that was yonks ago.

Your man Slipmatt seems to be playing in every area. Fairplay, hope he's getting paid well!! :cool:

But I'd have to agree, a lot of the names are hilarious.

<snip> some of the names are a bit off the wall i agree but that's irrelevant, i cant say ive heard of every act on the bill probably 75% of them but as Raindance's motto is....
    wall to wall superstar DJ and MC lines-ups, do not a great party necessarily make
    , and never a truer word said.

To see The Ragga Twins live, their first PA for 15 years is worth the entrance fee alone,7 arenas on until 7am for like £22 is seriously brilliant IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

i'm shocked. you mean humans can dance after 3.30am? :eek:

gsparx wrote: »
    i'm shocked. you mean humans can dance after 3.30am? :eek:

errrrr what:confused::D

yes it's on until 7am and ive to get a bus at 8am to Manchester from London Victoria where ill be going to Old Trafford and cheering on United against City in the Manchester derby,although fcuk knows how ill manage to keep it together after raving all night, thankfully ive the Monday booked off work;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Yeah. In Ireland they don't allow us to dance too late into the night. It's for our own good no doubt.

gsparx wrote: »
    Yeah. In Ireland they don't allow us to dance too late into the night. It's for our own good no doubt.

there was a time in Dublin you could Rave till 10am in the morning but alas those days are gone as regards clubs:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

****,Raindance blast from the Past,went there at Se1 around 2000
    the Jungle lineup looks sick and Ragga twins PA would be amazing,enjoy it anyone goin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

and an afterparty from 7am to 2pm (it starts at 7pm to 7am)im 100% there and ive already booked the Monday off work

I need more than the Monday off work if I go to afterparties these days... Looks interesting though, reckon I might be up for this fundage permitting

tman wrote: »
    I need more than the Monday off work if I go to afterparties these days... Looks interesting though, reckon I might be up for this fundage permitting

same as you mate, i done the afterparty 3 years ago @ Raindance and left around 12 noon the next day my head in the clouds, took me days to recover,it'll be an achievmeent for me to last the nite as it is at my age but ill manage it:)

gavkm27 wrote: »
    ****,Raindance blast from the Past,went there at Se1 around 2000
    the Jungle lineup looks sick and Ragga twins PA would be amazing,enjoy it anyone goin...

I went once in 2000, it's still the same though,you seriously have to admire them gooing this long, i don't know any other rave organisation who are going as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

I went once in 2000, it's still the same though,you seriously have to admire them gooing this long, i don't know any other rave organisation who are going as long.

Yeah i wish Dreamscape had kept going,but none have really not like Raindance,will go again someday.The fact that it is still sorta the same is awesome,everything else has changed in some way,went to Thunderdome years ago in the dam,went again to Thunderdome 15 year celebration in '07 now they are getting crowds in excess of 40000 over 3 arenas,mad

Dreamscape jaysus that's another blast from the past,and i would've loved to have gone to Thunderdome in Holland id say that was pretty amazing.

It's pretty phenomenal alright Raindance have been going since 1989 and rain,hail or shine theres no way on earth id miss this event,this is my first and probably last big Rave of the year,will see what's on NYE (Babysitter permitting)

I'll report back on here a few days after the event with some video's,etc, i think tickets have all but sold out although they'll probably hold a few back.;)

2 days to go, THE party of 2009 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6533_104160054193_512254193_1994209_3377074_n.jpg

5573_116759569193_512254193_2160284.jpg

Fcuking serious tune this absolutely groundbreaking, worth mega ££££$$$$$€€€€€€€ on vinyl if you can get it, seriously cant wait to see Rhythm Section tonite @ Raindance:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulc00Olepcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kping254QoI

The Jenkins Lane arena tonite will be totally transformed, this is going to be legendary:cool:

Advertisement