Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Noob question(s)

Options
  • 07-01-2007 12:59pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Only the one question but I'm sure I'll be adding to this thread as time goes by :)

I created a character, finished the tutorial and found myself with 10,000,000 ISK.

Now I've created a new character and pre-tutorial, I only have 5,000 ISK.

Does the tutorial really give you that much cash? Do I have to do it all over again so that my new character gets some spending money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tutorial can give you randoms amount of cash. Depends on the rewards you get.

10 mill would suggest you got an implant as a reward. Or that the second time around you had a 10 million implant which you inadvertenly sold for 5,000 isk because someone put in a naff buy order.

btw, make sure you accept the corp invite (see your mail). There are share of profits at end of month. Not much but better then nothing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thanks for the rapid answer !

Is is possible to transfer the ISK from one of my characters to the other (trial account). I guess they both have to be online at the same time or is it possible to transfer to an escrow then log out and log in the new account to retrieve the cash?

I've realized that my first character doesn't have the correct skill set for what I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

just send isk from the first account to the second account, they don't have to be online at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

tba wrote:
    just send isk from the first account to the second account, they don't have to be online at the same time.

Its disabled for trial accounts.

And don't try ye olde "Sell one piece of tritanium for 10M ISK" trick, I think CCP punish people do that. It happened me, and I heard about the exact same thing happening someone else on a trial account in the help channel.

Essentially I was trying to transfer money from one character to the other, so I had the beneficiary set a sell order on one piece of trit for some insane (only a few 100k actually but it was lot at the time)amount of money. I then bought it with the old account (exact same value and starbase) and yet the money never arrived. My wallet claimed I had bought it from some randomer. I don't remember the randomer but I remember thinking there was something weird about his join date/corp activity.

Darn. Completed the tutorial again with new character and only ended up with 10,000 ISK.

How about I give someone the 10M and then they give it back to my other character (keeping 1% for their troubles of course) :) ?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    And don't try ye olde "Sell one piece of tritanium for 10M ISK" trick, I think CCP punish people do that. It happened me, and I heard about the exact same thing happening someone else on a trial account in the help channel.

They don't punish you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you cant transfer money from trial accounts at all
    the best thing to do is i think a direct trade or contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ponster you ungrateful bastid =p it was me that sent ya the isk! :D For further times where you don't know where your isk went go to your wallet and click the load button on your journal, will give you all the recent wallet activity :D

You know....I was 90% sure that it was you that gave it to me. It seemed like an impossible amount to have gained through the tutorial and it wasn't there before I started speaking to you.

I just guessed that you might have mentioned it....but I should have known you wouldn't what with you being all modest and everything :D

I think I'll keep my first character after all :)

R0ot wrote:
    For further times where you don't know where your isk went go to your wallet and click the load button on your journal, will give you all the recent wallet activity :D

There's no mention of the isk in my wallet. It was the first place I looked !

Another trial account thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hobbes wrote:
    They don't punish you.

Can you explain what happened then? It was the only order for tritanium at that value.

So....a week after first installing Eve and I find myself with a ship, 2 x Miner I, 2 x cargo expanders and a survey scanner. Sticking to 0.9 space I can manage to get about 80k ISK (mining Pyroxeres) and hour (not really paying attention though, watching TV at the same time). I have defenses (small energy weapon/shield booster) but don't take them out when I'm pretty sure I'll be safe.

I can continue on this path until I have enough cash for a transport ship and then I can use the 'jetcan' method of mining which should speed things up, resulting in more ISK, time to gain more skills. Then I plan to buy a better ship, one with more hi-slots, that would allow me to mine in 0.5 space for example and still be able to defend myself (drones?).

Is this a logical patch to follow? Or is there a community aspect that I'm missing (my plan involves solo mining).

ninja mining is grand in rich areas but alone its a bit boring, why not join a mining corp

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=channel&channelID=109585

They will do either the mining or hauling and such forth it will speed up you progression to the better ships, and when you grow bored of mining (which you will) you can leave the corp and move onto other things.

Just as an aside you should look to mining barges if you want to mine fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

you have 10mil isk and you are faffing around mining :eek:

train up you missle/gun skills (whatever is appropriate for your race) and buy the best frigate you can fly (rifters are great all rounders) and learn the skills to use a sensor dampner and afterburner and join the privateers ...you will now be able to fire on anyone who is flashing red (and there will be lots of them) .... if you are lucky you will only get popped a few times before you get a kill .... have fun with that isk, eve is more than mining :)

1: Make sure to keep med clone up to date in a station close to where you want to operate out of - yeah, stupid mistake I made too often when starting
    2: Get away from Jita, Rens, very busy areas .... find somewhere quieter but with a decent supply of ships/guns/mods at reasonable prices
    3: Insure your ship
    4: dont attack a BS/BC/Cruiser in your frig until you have plenty of experience ...stick to frigs and industrials beware the battlebadger!!!:)
    5: Probably best to stay away from 0.4 space and below

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Yeah ponster m8 a mining corp would be the way to go, if you want to mine that is. :D

my proudest moment was when I took down a cruiser with my frig.....

I had stopped mining two days before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

We're doing a fair amount of mining atm in 0.5 if you want some people to work with for a while until you've the skills/isk to work solo. What race are you playing?

Amarr with 2 frigates, a tormentor and a punisher.

If you were Caldari I've a Badger gathering cobwebs in my hangar that I'm not using. What's your nick in game?

Ammilia

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote:
    Ammilia

Sent ya a million. should get you sorted out with a reasonable cheap Frigate.

Ponster wrote:
    Ammilia

I'll give you a shout in game next time we are going mining. You can mine with us but keep what you've mined seperate or whatever you want. Mining, like many things in life, is simply far more enjoyable in groups.

Ok. Thx Hobbes and nesf. at the moment I have almost too much ISK as everything I'd ever like to buy requires skills that I don't yet have but don't worry, it'll get spent wisely :)

screw buying ships, buy skillbooks with every cent you have and continue what you are doing. i have 160 skills trained (24 level 5's) and another 25 skillbooks waiting to be trained. skillbooks are the one investment that is a garunteed return.

oh and if you are gallente ill make you whatever frigate you want to fly. i may even be generous enough to give you a discount cruiser or free destroyer.

thx all ! Skills being trained at every moment of the day :)

Next question !

Weapons

Is it in any way wise to mix ranges of weapons?

For example, buy a long-range and a short-range type of turrent to cover both cases or is it better to decide on my tactics based on skills/ships and stick to either short or medium/long ?

you are better off sticking with the later, jack of all trades etc...

PvE or PvP?

Hmmm, never thought of that and never realised that it would make a difference but this is Eve, and everything makes a difference :)

PvE I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement