Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further exams post college

Options
  • 07-01-2007 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have finished college (BA Computer Science) and am now job hunting. I'm finding it difficult enough to get a job since most of them require 1-3 years experience.

Trying to further my knowledge and am thinking of doing further IT exams. Heard of MCSE exams. Anyone know where I could find more info on them or other IT exams which may be beneficial?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You can do a raft of them.. depending on what you are doing career wise and what programming languages and platforms you use

Microsoft's ones are

MCSA - The sys admin role, if you are doing windows admin
    MCSE - Is the SysAdmin track + 2 more exams
    MCDBA - DB Admin route
    MCAD - Application Developer role, if you are a programmer the starting point on the MS track of programming languages
    MCSD - Solution developer, the architect level or senior developer type (MCAD+2 exams)

The MCAD & MCSD are .NET 1.1 qualifications, the new ones for the .NET 2.0 are MCPD with 3 different qualifications within it,, Enterprise Apps, Web Apps and Client Apps

Now there are other certifications for programmers.. I am fairly sure that Sun have a Java one and there are multitudes of companies bring out certs (even Dell for their B2B stuff)

You can find out more about the MS exams at http://www.microsoft.com/learning

Advertisement