Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword: The Angel of Death

Options
  • 07-01-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Right Lads I bought Broken Sword: The Angel of Death on the PC today. I came home hyped up waiting to play it. I Installed it (which takes ages) and go to run it and it says "There was an error starting DirectX" but the game comes with DirectX which I downloaded so that should not be a problem. Has anybody any advice as I cant wait to play it and am sick its not working.
    Cheers Lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you the latest version of DirectX? Have you the latest drivers for your graphics card?

What's your hardware acceleration set to? (right-click on your desktop > properties > settings > advanced > troubleshoot)

Also, there's a patch which fixes some other things. I don't think it'll help with DirectX though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Have you the latest version of DirectX? Have you the latest drivers for your graphics card?

What's your hardware acceleration set to? (right-click on your desktop > properties > settings > advanced > troubleshoot)

Also, there's a patch which fixes some other things. I don't think it'll help with DirectX though.
    Yeah I got the latest DirectX and Installed the Patch my Hardware acceleration is full. Still no luck

I messed around with the hardware acceleration and it now comes up something about a bug report has been saved to a clip board and all this comes up
    *******************************************************************************************************
    Application : Broken Sword - The Angel of Death
    UserName : *****
    MachineName : COMPUTER
    Sent At : 15:00:08 07.01.2007

*******************************************************************************************************

EmFileManager Dump:-

bs4pc.exe unhandled exception 0xc0000005

Last EmRos Error (PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR DIAGNOSING THE PROBLEM):

Exception Address :*******

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Registers:
    INT:EAX=0x00000000 EBX=0x00000000 ECX=0x0022F85C EDX=0x00000000 ESI=0x00840BE8 EDI=0x007E7018
    EBP=0x0022F7D0 ESP=0x0022F7AC EIP=0x0056253D FLAGS=0x00010246
    FP: Ctrl=0xFFFF027F Status=0xFFFF0030 Tag=0xFFFFFFFF ErrorOffset=0x4FDF97DC ErrorSelector=0x0022F26C
    DataOffset=0x00840560 DataSelector=0xFFFF0023 Cr0NpxState=0x00000000
    ST0=-1.#QNAN0
    ST1=-1.#IND00
    ST2=-1.#IND00
    ST3=-1.#IND00
    ST4=-1.#QNAN0
    ST5=1.000000
    ST6=256.000000
    ST7=0.000000

Level : 00 ( Actual Exception Location )
    Module name : C:\Program Files\THQ\Revolution Software Ltd\Broken Sword The Angel of Death\bs4pc.exe
    Built : 10/10/2006 15:20
    Address : ********

Level : 01
    Address : *******1

Level : 02
    Address : ******0

Level : 03
    Address : ******B

Level : 04
    Module name : C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
    Built : 05/07/2006 11:55
    Address : *******7 RegisterWaitForInputIdle

Level : 05
    Module name : C:\Program Files\THQ\Revolution Software Ltd\Broken Sword The Angel of Death\bs4pc.exe
    Built : 10/10/2006 15:20
    Address : *******9

Level : 06

Ended stack trace

Session length: 0 hour(s), 0 minute(s) and 8.062 second(s)

EmExceptionHandler v1.1 (c)2005 Sumo Digital ATG*******************************************************************************************************

What graphics card do you have?
    This is a known issue with Broken Sword 4 apparently:
    http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=17158

There is a supposed fix in the link above

Thanks Jabba its my graphics card it is integrated that is the problem. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement