Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf2142 HELP!!!

Options
  • 07-01-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

im trying to get into 2142 but im findint hard at the moment.
    have done a complete re-install of windows and all relivant software, but still the problem remains.
    i can run the game in multiplayer and it run perfect in top res mode, but... only runs for like 5 mins then shuts down to windows. i have had a max of about 30 mins play time in one sitting. was told to have a look in the event viewer in admin tools and the message i get is

- The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7. -

anyone got any ideas?? need to sort it out so i can get back playing the game
    all drivers and sortware is up to date and all legal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Video drivers or try turning off the VOIP in audio.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

People who have had this problem fixed it by:

a) updating punkbuster
    b) updating the chipset drivers for their motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mactier

thanks guys. got it sorted. was the VOIP dont know why that was causing that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It seems to be the root of alot of problems on the EA 2142 boards.

Advertisement