Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen LT 40

Options
  • 07-01-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi all, My friend has just bought a 1995 VW LT40, but unfortunately the engine is beyond help, we are trying to find a replacement engine for it but it is very hard to find one(almost impossible), they are very common on the continent still, but spares etc are very hard to locate in ireland.

my question is does anyone know of any other engines from say a newer LT or a transporter or different type of VW etc. would fit into this, or where mite be the best place to look, we are in the kildare area, so somewhere close would be nice but travel wouldnt really be a problem.
    And also does anyone know if the numer after the LT i.e. 35, 40 etc, only refers to the model type or does it affect the engine?

Heres a pic of a similar type, but this is a LT 35 in the pic.
    f0-main.jpg

EDIT: Do you think if we rang a main dealer, that they would give out that sort of imformation or would they want to be paid?

thanks

Advertisement