Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf mkV radio problem

Options
  • 07-01-2007 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

hi,

My sister has a '05 Golf Sportline which has started to switch the radio on when the car is left on its own. She's made sure that the radio is turned off before the ignition is switched off but on returning to the car, the radio is sometimes switched back on. She says that it can be heard before the car is unlocked so its not switching on when she returns - its been on for a while before that...

So... has anyone heard of this happening? It'd be handy if she could mention to the service guy that this is a known fault (if it is). Its just about to move out of warrenty so she's going to contact them tomorrow.

Maybe Golfs get bored and need something to pass the time...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Have a look at this thread! Could find this thread earlier!

Maybe a mod could merge them as I'd say they're related.... Hopefully yours is under warranty but I'd say the garage should take it back anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Theres a problem with the radio on the mark V platform, the radio needs to be replaced. Its happening on some SEAT alteas/Leons also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Thanks for the info - very interesting.

As it happened, the service department of the VW garage refused to honour the warranty on the basis that they couldn't repair the car before the warranty expired (there was two days to go on it). I'd have fought them on it but my sister didn't want the hassle and traded in the car for - wait for it - another Golf from the same garage. Hopefully, the new one'll be better than the last two - first one regularly ran out of oil (maybe 800 miles from full to the oil pressure light coming on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I had the same peoblemon my mkv golf, company car, dropped it back to msl Belgard and they couldn't find the fault. Sometimes I couldn't lock the car with the remote, it was behaving as if the key was still in the ignition

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Onkle wrote:
    msl Belgard

Belgard Motors are nothing to do with MSL (except for the fact that they offer the same poor level of service).

I had exactly the opposite problem on a few 2005 & 2006 Passats - the radio was turning off by itself. On each car I had the radios replaced under warranty and it cured the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement