Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binoculars

Options
  • 07-01-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

anyone any ideas where to get a good set of binoculars for around the 1 to 2 hundred euro mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

I know they're a bit more expensive than your looking for but I can recommend a set of Canon Image stabilisers, I've just got a set of the 10x30 model. They're excellent, press the button and the image steadies, no shakiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

what do you want them for??

birds in detail
    rabbit at the end of field
    fox 3 fields away

the choice will depend on use

Aldi might be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

macnas wrote:
    I know they're a bit more expensive than your looking for but I can recommend a set of Canon Image stabilisers

I can vouch for the Canons too but they're mighty expensive.

I had a chance to look through their 10x42 model yesterday & they are awesome :eek: . Unbelieveable optics & the image stabilization is first class. Then again, I suppose that's to be expected given they cost €1400 :eek: :eek: .

For general field use, a compact pair of 10x25s would be fine & there's no need to spend megabucks either. Higher magnifications really need to be tripod mounted IMO.

Lidl or Aldi often have cheapies available for pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

;) If your budget can stretch to it I'd recommend a a pair of Swift Audubon ED lens coating. About £260 sterling --shop around on the net. 8.5 x 44 and crystal clear lens. Tough as old boots and beautiful Japanese optics. You won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

You should look at the Swift Optics, serious quality and well priced, Audubon standard on all models. I love mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

recipio wrote:
    ;) If your budget can stretch to it I'd recommend a a pair of Swift Audubon ED lens coating. About £260 sterling --shop around on the net. 8.5 x 44 and crystal clear lens. Tough as old boots and beautiful Japanese optics. You won't be disappointed.

The swift Agent for Ireland and UK is a Dublin based company

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

I got a pair of zeiss 8 x 30s Jenoptems off e.bay for 80 Euro, in perfect condition and fantastic optics.

I also got another pair off their, Zeiss 7 x 50s, very very good light gathering and i can pick out deer in nearly darkness. These just cost me 100 Euro.

Both off e.bay.

Link below:

http://search.ebay.ie/Zeiss-Binoculars_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Keelan.

Advertisement