Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting my Fiesta serviced

Options
  • 07-01-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get my '98 Fiesta (1.3) serviced some time soon. It's the first time I'm doing this (first car, got it in October), so how much would I expect to pay? I don't know what else will need to be done besides the usual - could it end up costing a lot more if the plugs and other stuff need to be changed?

Also, any recommendations for garages in Limerick city? I found this, but are there any more good ones?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

what is mileage on it?

what is mileage on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

67k. As far as I can see it was last serviced last January - can't remember what it said the mileage was then (definately wasn't 10k less), but it's been a year anyway.

You'd be due plugs if had been serviced by the book, (every 24k from new), and usually the air filter is changed every 20k or so.
    You'd need the brakes checked over but you shouldn't need anything more than a set of front pads. You'll also want a set of front anti-roll bar bushings - your particular fiesta goes through them like nothing!
    20 - spark plugs,
    30 - for oil, air and fuel filter (roughly)
    15 to 30 for oil, depending on what you put into it.
    60 - 2 hours labour @ 30/hour
    €125 - 140 total if you go to a good independant mechanic if you don't need any additional work done. It'd probably be closer to double if you went to a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

That sounds reasonable enough - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give Brendan Butler a ring. He is highly recommended and an honest guy who will not rip you off. He is in the phone book and located near Rhebogue.

Advertisement