Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Poor Picture on One Channel on DVD

• 07-01-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Apologies if this is not in the correct section. Also please bear in mind I have very little knowledge or talent for dealing with these things :o

So firstly this is the set up:

DVD recorder and video recordeer connected to television with NTL cable. The cable is connected from the wall to the video recorder. A scart is connecting the video to the TV and to the DVD recorder. A scart is connecting the DVD recorder to the TV. I can record either from the video or from the dvd or also from the "scart" - which means whatever I'm watching on tv is recorded and changes if the tv channel is changed.

Problem:

This was all working perfectly but just recently there has been lines across the picture for BBC2 when being watched/recorded through the DVD player. All other channels are fine and BBC2 is also fine if watching just the TV or watching/recording through the video or through the "scart" line.

All the cable connections have been checked and appear to be properly connected. I have also tried changing the set-up so the NTL cable is going directly into the DVD recorder first (although this is not what is recommeded by the DVD manual) and it has made no difference. I have tried re-tuning BBC2 but it will only come in on the one place and it has made no difference.

Any ideas what the problem could be? (sorry I know it's kind of confusing.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

Is this a big problem? Seems to be only an issue if you want to record bbc2 onto the dvd recorder.

Seems like from what you are saying there are lines on bbc2 when tuned from the dvd recorder and feed out the scart to the tv. Or does the dvd player have to be recording it too?

To narrow down the problem you could try powering down and unplugging the vcr and all connections from it to the dvr and tv. If the problem still happens then you have eliminated the vcr as the cause.

Advertisement